Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MY EFI JUST CAME IN!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Dec 31, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    WHOOOOPPPPIEEEE!!! This would be my EFI kit for the 454!!!Guess what I will be doing tomorrow? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

-Dan

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Is that from Customefis?
    Let us know how it goes.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i dunno /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

sleeping late, sitting around the house in your pajamas watching tv, eating a large meal for new year's, taking a nap, watching more tv /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

looks like a cool set-up, let us know how it goes /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

So, thats what $1100 looks like!

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Dan, just bring that to my place when you come to get the Sub and leave it here. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. KRAZIE87K5

Issaam- Yep, its the customefis.com setup! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Jeff- Make you a deal... sleep a little later, watch a little extra TV, eat more, and longer nap... just to make up for all the work I will be doing tomorrow! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Neil- Yup... $1100! I cant wait!!! Hehehehehehehehhehehe....

Wes - FORGET IT POST WHORE! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif BACK OFF! This one is all mine! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Dan

7. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Thats a nice kit, I like how he screwed the relays to the ECM. My swap would have been a little neater and easier if I had done that /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Oh, BTW, your '86 will have the mounting spot for the ECM, but you'll need to find the nylon(?) base and retaining piece out of an '87-up truck to make it fit as stock.

Just an FYI, it pays to mount the ECM firmly, although you'll have to mount the relays somewhere else, which is no big deal. The stock mount is easy to come by, and does a good job, I really recommend it vs trying to cobble something else together.

If you want it to be a clean install, you can take the grommet for the heater wires out, (de-pin the heater wires from the plug on the heater box) make the cutout in the heater wire grommet bigger to fit the additional wires, de/re-pin the ECM connectors (one wire at a time so you don't get interrupted and forget) route the wires through the heater grommet, then install it. It's easy, just takes a few minutes and a paperclip. I did this not too long ago with the '88 Camaro wiring, it fit great, and seals good too.

I wasn't about to drill a new hole, and besides, it was easier than trying to come up with a way to route the wires so they wouldn't get cut.

9. KRAZIE87K5

Good tip man! Keep them coming! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Dan

10. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Why 1100? I thought it was 850 ish.
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. KRAZIE87K5

$1100 for the BBC kit... $840 for the SBC kit! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif The extra cost is in the difference in cost for the TBI upgrade.

-Dan

12. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

OK /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I thought you just got a new Q-jet and got it all dialed in? What are you going to do with THAT now?

14. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

When I read the title, I was reminded of the scene in the movie The Jerk, with Steve Martin, where he's running around outside screaming at the top of his lungs "The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!". I could just picture Dan running around in the front yard doing a similar dance, screaming "The new EFI's here! The new EFI's here!" /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. KRAZIE87K5

I'm selling the Edelbrock 1910... thinking for around $300. I paid $525 from Summit for it just a few short months ago! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Dan

16. KRAZIE87K5

Hehehe Harry! It was something like that for a little while... now I've resorted to sitting inside, petting the ECM and talking to all the pretty little sensors! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Dan

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I dunno...pretty rich for my blood, maybe if I had a motor to put it on right now, I'd bite.

If you still got it when I come back in Febuary, maybe. I'm going to put another motor in the big truck and I'll invite you down for some mud action. I've been meaning to invite you down for a while acutally Dan, but my truck has been down a lot this year, in fact, all of this year but about a month. Once I put a motor in it and get the clutch pedal/linkage squared away it'll be ready to rock.

18. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Does this mean your going to climb the hills with out the bur /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifning smoke comeing out of the bellhouseing? Or maby just climb the hill. Can we still put your spair on the fire next run?