Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Experience with 4 Wheel Wholesale Parts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lehtola, Apr 9, 2001.

1. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

O.K. I know many of you will be saying I told you so but prior to my purchase I thought my purchase would be different. I posted a message earlier today about my lift that I installed over the week-end. All went well except that I sheared a shock stud for my rear shock. I contacted SkyJacker to see how I might go about getting another one. They said that the replacement stud should have come with my shocks. They didn't. So I contacted 4 wheel wholesale parts. After waiting on hold to speak with a customer service representative (I use the term lightly) They had to research my invoice #. Bottom line...they sent out the wrong shocks. How was I really to know? Aren't they the ones who find out what shocks are needed for whatever applications you have? I have shocks on my Jimmy for a Ford Ranger. Go figure. Anyway I said to the rep..."I'd like to have the right shocks". Then he said he'd have to charge my credit card and then credit it when they got the Ford shocks. I told him I didn't agree with that and that it was a mistake that they made and I sholdn't have to pay. He then came back with the standard..."our policy doesn't allow..." Then I said "I didn't care what their policy stated. It was their mistake." Then he stated "Hey man...you're a little hot. I don't have to take this blah blah blah. I'm gonna put you on hold and let you calm down." before I could get another word out I was on hold for another 20 minutes. He then came back asking me if I was better. You can imagine what I said. He said he was sending out the shocks. I proceeded to ask his name and he wouldn't give it to me. Am I missing something here? I told him it won't do any good sending me the parts because I'm sending them back and am going to challenge the charge on my card. Of course he hung up before I could finish. I did tell him that I would never do business with them again. Is it worth calling the president about? They have a comment section and I did leave a message but...will it help?

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I dont think any one has ever had a good experance with them....as far as your call that is outrageous. I would call back ask for a supervisor and let him know about that. With the general attitude there it probably wont do a damn but its worth a shot.

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5 [​IMG]

3. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

I personally feel that is sufficent reason to talk to atleast someone higher up on the chain supervisor or president. I would be pissed also. They messed up...they sould pay!!
    Sergio

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

from what i have found if you go to the store and get what you need you are usually ok but if you order by phone or online you better get out the vaseline cause they are going to screw you lol

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]

5. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I agree with mudhog. Everytime I've delt with 4WPW, I've gone into the store. The guys here (Oakland, CA) are usually very helpful and knowledgable. Its hard badmouth the whole 4WPW Franchise because there are too big. Which store did you deal with, or was it the mail order dept? You shouldn't have to pay for 5h!t... in fact I think you should be compensated for your loss of time and the headache caused from dealing with that one idiot.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've dealt with the Oakland store, the Fresno store and mail order and never had a problem with them.

"Liberals ain't mean, they just don't have any common sense!"

7. doonjumper

doonjumper 1/2 ton status

Just today I called the C/S department cause they shipped me a wrong carrier. I'm putting in 4.88 and a detroit locker in my 14 bolt and they only make a 4'88 thick gear so Iwill have to use an open carrier from a 4.11. My stock one has a gov lock and can not be used. They sent me a carrier that is for a 4.56 to 5.13 instead of the 3.08-4.11 and it is to big cause the gear is thick and throws everything off. They said we'll charge you for a new one and refund you when we get the other one back. I said hell no! I ordered $2,225 worth of parts from you (not counting tires and wheels @ another $2000) make it right or i'll cancel my order. Then he said oh, were all out of that one anyways so we can't ship it to you. They suuuuck!!!!

[​IMG]

8. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

THUMP!!!!!! That's my jaw hitting the floor about your post. I can't beleive he said that to you. I agree with some of the other guys. Try to go to the store in person. That way if someone tells you what they told you over the phone you can deck them.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>SEMPER FI TO MY BLAZER

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I've had great experience with the store in Austin(knock on wood [​IMG]) I've never tried the mail-order though.....

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize you are in a hurry."

10. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Oh my god they suck, I am fixing to put a written record of my dealings with them on an axle shaft purchase. It is still not over as I need to check the charge card statement to make sure I was charged rigtht.

I also called the "Presidents Line" its a joke, its a recorder and I left 5 messages and never got a call back. I spoke to their "customer service manager" he is just as big a dick, dumbass as the rest of the customer service reps. Oh by they way, 4Wheel Parts Wholesalers is also know as Drivetrain Warehouse (not Drivetrain Direct mind you these are good folks!) Transamerican Wholesale and a few others I cant remember.

4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers

02-01-2001 Called “Drivetrain Warehouse” Spoke to Tom at extension 5730, asked him if they carried “Superior” axles, he said yes. I gave him the Superior part number for the axle shafts I was looking for PA5383. He read back what they fit off his computer. I asked for the price and he said $99.95. I told him I would like to order 2 and that their add said free shipping. He said yes, it would be $199.90 for 2 shipped to my door. I again asked him “are you sure these are Superior brand axles, I don’t want any cheap import junk or the Genuine Gear shafts” He said yes they are Superior and that Drivetrain Warehouse warranties them for life instead of 5 years. I said great and we finalized the order.

02-07-2001 Fed-Ex delivers the axle shafts. I open the box and they have “made in India” tags on them. I called Superior axle and spoke with Jeff. He said that they did not sell any import axle shafts, that all their shafts were made in house and had their part numbers stamped on the outside of the flange on the axle shaft, as well as having their symbol on the same part of the flange (it’s a diamond with “F” in the middle for Foote axle shaft their parent company) These shafts did not have any of those markings. Called Drivetrain Warehouse, Tom not available, connected with customer service for 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers, spoke to “Mike” at 11:30 a.m. e.s.t. He first told me that they did not sell import axle shafts, then he said the shafts I had gotten were “Superiors” import brand, that they sold 2 different shafts, the made in America Version and the import one. I explained to him that I had already spoken to Superior and they DON’T sell IMPORT shafts. He put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back and said they sent me Genuine Gear axle shafts by mistake. Told me he would call me back in 30 min. 1.5 hours later at 1:00 p.m. e.s.t. he called back and said that he could have “Superior” drop ship me their shafts 3 day and he would have FedEx pick up the wrong shafts. That he would have to charge me again for the new shipment until they got the first order back. I asked him about next day shipping and he said it was $150.00 and if I would pay $50.00 they would pay the rest. I said that was unacceptable and he said it was all he could do that I could talk with his manager about it. I said that would be fine and he said his name is “Eric” and he would have him call me back in 30 min. 2 hours go by no call, I called back as 2:10 p.m. e.s.t. and was told their computers had gone down during the 2 previous days and Eric was busy catching up on customer call backs, that he had 2 more calls ahead of me and he could call me right back. At 4:30 p.m. e.s.t. I called back and spoke with “Mark” this time. After putting me on hold for a few minutes, “Eric” came on the line, he said the best he would do is 3 day ship them. I asked him how I could be sure they were the right axle shafts this time. He said he would have “Superior” drop ship them to me direct. I said o.k. that would work. I then waited until 7:30 p.m. e.s.t. and called Superior Axle and asked if they had drop shipped any axles to me. I spoke to “Jason” he looked over their invoices and computer and told me that a couple of hours ago someone at 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers had called and checked stock on the shafts I was looking for, but nobody had done a p.o. to ship them.

02-08-2001 At around 12:15 p.m. e.s.t. I called Superior axle back and spoke to “Jason” again, I asked him if they had drop shipped me any axles and he checked and said no, he then took my contact information and said he would call me if they got an order for me. I then called 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers customer service number again and this time spoke to “Renea” I told him of my previous conversations and that I had called Superior and they told me no shafts had been shipped. He put me on hold for a few min, came back on the line and told me they would ship today and be to me on Monday.

02-09-2001 I called Superior again and was told that no shafts had been shipped to me. I called 4Wheel Parts customer service and spoke to “Wally” this time, he said that they were shipped out of FL today and were shipped 3 day which would put them to me on Tuesday 02-13-2001, not Monday like I was told. I told him that these shafts were supposed to be drop shipped to me from Superior Axle and they were in CA, that they did not have a store or warehouse in FL. He said that they located a pair of Superior axle shafts in their FL store and shipped them from there.

02-13-2001 UPS delivered axle shafts today, when I opened them they were the same “made in India” brand of axle shaft (which is Superior Gear) NOT Superior brand. The invoice said that they were Drop Shipped from “Transamerican Wholesale” out of Denver CO not FL. I called 4 Wheel Parts Customer Service and spoke to “Rich” this time. He then told me that the shafts I had were Superior axle shafts and that they did sell import shafts. I told him I had spoken to Superior several times and that they did not sell import shafts and that these shafts had none of their markings on them. I also told him that I was promised that this set of shafts would be drop shipped from Superior and he said they found some of their shafts in a warehouse and sent them instead of drop shipping. He then said he did not understand why they substituted Genuine Gear shafts for the Superior when the “no substitutions” section was done on their computer. This was at 11:30 a.m. e.s.t. He said that they had a pair of Superior Axle shafts in their warehouse and they were going to ship them to me 3 day. I again asked how I could be sure they were “Superior” brand, he said they were going to put hands on them and make sure, then he would call me back and let me know.

He never called back, Jason from Superior called me and asked if I had ever gotten my shafts, I told him what had transpired since we last spoke. He was pretty ill with them for trying to sell junk as their products. He said he was going to “take the bull by the horns” he actually called them and did some checking and ass chewing. About 2 hours later he called back and said he now had a purchase order to drop ship my my axles and I would have them by the following Wednesday, true to his work UPS dropped them at my door on Wednesday morning and they were the exact right part.

This is still not over, I have to check credit card statements for the next month or so to make sure they don’t try to screw me any more.

DON’T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU CAN BUY DIRECT FROM ONE OF THEIR STORES.

You have been warned

Depdog

<font color=blue>Weenie K5, little mods' Small Tires!</font color=blue>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com>http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com</A>

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I have done a lot of business with 4WPW thru mail order. I have never had any problems with them. Probably one reason why: I call the Gardena, CA store for everything. From my understanding, the Gardena store is the headquarters. I may be wrong here.

12. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

As I said before... they are F@#Kheads.... I'm still pisted about my dealings with them... if you can walk in the store then go for it... mailorder.. Hell no! I talked w/ a manager when I called too and he was absolutely awful... no help... just a prick... and this is just when I wanted a total... he said he the shipping would be $50 bucks and I trusted his word... bill come (from my creditcard... no total on any of the recepts I got WTF?) $160 bucks to ship 4 35" tires w/ nothing else... no rims nadda, from KC to Minneapolis... Bullcrap... I called and talked to the same manager and he said he never said that... I finally got so pisted and saw no way to get anything back so I just told him to @%$#$%^$ %#%^^& &^$&^$&^ ^$%^^ ^$%(*(*&%&^ &%$^^&$!@!#@ !!!! w/ a stick... LOL! I've never yelled like that at anyone in my life.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

13. thatK30guy

Maybe something everybody needs to do from now on when they deal with scum like these AT the store: have them put it in writing complete with their signature. This is a legal document once its been signed.

14. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I think in some of these cases I would be looking into a credit card charge back. That will get their attention as will a small claims case which you can file locally in this case (I think).

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

15. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hehe, K30Guy, I was about to edit my post and add that very thought. Make him fax you an order showing every single item including shipping with a total bill and his signature and the date. Then, no questions and you have the ammo for small claims or charge back if you need it.

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

16. thatK30guy

Yeah, I wished I had thought of that when I ordered the Detroit Locker for BlazzinOR's 14FF I rebuilt for him. They gave me a quote for 325.00 and when I called a few days later, a different guy gave me a quote for 337.00. I told him about the quote from the other day and he said "well, thats not what my price book shows". Go figure. [​IMG]

17. firsttimeblazer

firsttimeblazer Registered Member

Oh I have been on this site for less than two weeks and bought my blazer 3 weeks ago: I think i have learned two things: 1-steering arms are a blank to get off and 2-4 wheel parts though they may be cheaper, make you pay for it in the A$#.

"Rather have a Chevy Blazer in the garage than any Ford on the road"

18. CaptCrunch

Well at this point I'm done... I have no time to deal w/ legal battles and what not... hey they can can keep the 160 they screwed me for... now I'll go spend my thousands elsewhere fro lift kit, rims, axels, locker, etc. I think the worst part is they seem very shaded and dishonest... from reading Dep post they feed him a bunch of crap too.

[​IMG]

19. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Well not a surprise to hear that. They suck if you ask me. Least the Sacramento one does. But you can't go in person considering the closest one to you is in Nashville I think? That's like what a 8 hour drive? Give this number a call....(310) 900-5500. It's the corporate phone. Good luck. I called them when they sent the wrong headers to me. I never gave them my credit card to do the order. I told him up front that I will do that because they have messed up too many times. He laughed and said he would order them since he "trusted me." Guess what? They sent S10 headers. When I went to pick them up I saw that immediately. He was very rude to me and flat out a jerk. I complained to them about this guy. Didn't get anywhere. Least it felt good to complain....maybe they'll do more for you since you bought a product from them? Good luck...hope you get what you need.

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    "What if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?"

20. CaptCrunch

firsttimeblazer- You have learned well Danial san... LOL. Next week we begin hating Jeeps and the 14B Full Floater [​IMG]

[​IMG]