Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My faith in humankind has been restored!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shewheeler, Aug 8, 2005.

1. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I'm at work today and my cell phone rings. I look at the number and didn't recognize it, so I ignored it. Pretty soon, I hear the tone that tells me I have a new voicemail :thinking:

I listen to the voicemail and it's a guy telling me his name, his address and that his kids found both of my dogs!!! :eek: Needless to say, I was shocked... how did my puppies escape!?!?! :confused: I call the guy back, describe the dogs and he asks me if I want him to take them back to my house. Not knowing how they escaped, I called my brother and asked him if he could meet the guy at my house and check out the yard to make sure that they didn't somehow bust through the fence or something.

Anyways. The guy walks my dogs from his house to mine to meet my brother and make sure they got home safely. I called him back a little later to thank him and told him that I wanted to bring a little something by for him and his family. At first he was reluctant and said "It's cool, don't worry about it." I finally convinced him that he should let me show my appreciation with a small token. A lot of people would have called the animal control or just let them wander around and maybe even get hit by a car or something.

Anyways.... my puppies are home safe and the culprit was my mom :doah: She went by earlier today to give them a treat and didn't close the gate properly.

Boring story, I know, but I thought it was cool :cool1: :waytogo:

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nice you got them back, i take it you had taggs on them with your number of something?

what kind of dog do you have?

you right it is nice to see that no not everyone is a selfish jerk who cares about noone but themselves.:waytogo:

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Right on!

I had a biker stop in yesterday and borrow a cell phone because he accidently ran off without paying for gas 300 miles away. It was only $26 too.

There are good people out there, you just have to look for them

4. shewheeler

Yes, they both wear ID tags and city license. I have a pitbull mix and a german shepherd mix. Apparently, they are not very scary :rolleyes:

5. shewheeler

I have done that before -- ran off without paying. The guy who used to work at the gas station I go to a lot and I are friends. We were BSing as I was filling up and when I was done, I was like... OK, see in a couple days! and left.

I realized that I didn't pay when I got to work and found a $20 bill in my pocket :doah: Had to call and tell him I would bring the cash by after work. Whatever they are short in the till comes out of their paycheck... :(

I guess I'm a good people, too :o

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I did that a couple years back. After filling up, I went inside, grabbed a soda, and paid at the counter. Later when I was balancing my checkbook, I realized I didn't actually pay for fuel, just the soda (had used debit card). I went back and paid. When I got there, same kid at the counter freakin out over thinkin he would loose his job over it. He thanked me for my honesty. Ol' well, lesson learned!!

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Karma...good...I know you... :wink1:

8. Resurrection_Joe

"Good will is reciprocal"

I quoted that first, see anyone stealing it, kill them

9. shewheeler

Just had an amusing conversation with my neighbor. He came by to see if I got my dogs back. I guess they gave him a run for his money when he spotted them in his front yard and tried to catch them. He ended up giving them 3 pieces of steak to try to lure them home. They didn't even thank him before they took off down the street :haha:

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well cool for you! I try my darndest to find the homes of animals I find wanderin around. I think I've probably returned at least 3 dozen critters to their worried humans.

11. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Faith in humankind !!!??!!

I'm glad you got your puppies back, and I'm also glad I'm aligned with such a group of moral human beings as all of you!

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That must have been a biiiiiiiiig bike, or gas went way up in your area... :haha: :haha: :haha:

Cheryl, glad you got them back! Another reminder that I need to get a second tag for my pup with my cell phone number on it... She got out while we were camping last week and my neighbor locked her in our yard for us. Our sitter couldn't figure out how she got back there with the gate locked, and we were wondering too, until the neighbor came up and told us a few days ago.

13. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

i did the gas thing in my blazer bout 2 weeks ago, $89!! :eek1:

the card reader was acting funny when i was tryign to pay but then it said pump gas so i did, thinking it was on the card- turns out the guy has seen me alot(go figure-my k5 at the gas station :rolleyes: ) so he noticed i was having prob so he turned it on for me. so when i was done i hopped in to leave. pulled past the garage part and seen someone i know so stopped to say hi. then some girl walks out and asked if i had paid for gas, i said i thought so why? she had a open debt for $89-since there were mostly compact cars there put 2 and 2 together. so i went in to pay and the guy came out from break and told me what happened.

since wife keeps track of money i would never had known :( . if i wasnt blabbing for 10 min there-good thing she was paying attention

14. shewheeler

I am delivering these to my puppies' rescuers this week!!!

[​IMG]

They are cookies!!! :D

15. Resurrection_Joe

Nah it was for a pack of them

He had awesome shoes too.... they were yellow

16. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i wish there was an incident that could restore my faith in the human race so easily,.,

it would REALLY have to be something major,,
    or remarkable., etc.

really..

cuz i am at a loss,

good luck

17. Resurrection_Joe

Pile up the little goods into a big one

"God" is on the ground, these are his miracles