Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Fellow LEO Brethren

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Is it just me or are single wide trailers bad mojo for us?

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Bubba, I'm not a LEO, but I think single wide trailers are bad mojo for anyone.

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Well, at least you have space for your vehicles now. Beats being in that HUD housing apartment you used to have............. :D :haha: Oh alright we give, let's hear about it. A single wide in OK story has got to be a good one....

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Oh the stories I could tell you about the single wides I have encountered in Tx on my LEO internship.

I didn't know outdoor patio funiture could be used inside. Tell me, what the hell an awning does inside a single wide?

:haha:

Bullet aka Der00's son...

5. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

but bubba.... mines a custom delux!!! :D

they even made me take the tires off it... imagine that

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

no no no no. I used to live in one and I'm not a bad person. such stereotypes are bad for us honest and decent people :D .

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Nothing big really............................................

About a month and a half ago, we came on duty (evening shift) and went to our local ****hole town looking for a :cough:citizen:cough: who earlier that day got pissed at the girlfriend and took a screwdriver to her face. We found him at momma's house, hiding in the shower. Doesn't sound like much, but momma apparently was keeping everything she had collected through her lifetime cause we could barely walk through the living room single file. Of course when we found him, only one guy could go into the bathroom while another covered him from the door and I was outside the door watching our six.

Then two nights ago, our DA decided finally they would give us some warrants we could work with. You see, we have a citizen of the town I live in that we would prefer to see leave because of the idiotic crap she's pulling. Of course it's so low on the radar screen that the warrants we've been getting specified daytime service only and we couldn't "open" any doors and she wasn't answering. Finally they gave us some warrants that don't have that little daytime service only BS. And before I get too far into this, this is the same pile of crap that decided that my rear door window would look better unattached to the door when I hauled her in a month ago.

Well, me and the chief here went over to the house last night and we made entry. We looked through the house, she wasn't there. Her 14 year old son and 17 year old daughter was though. The son is a big pile of crap like mom. I currently have him tied up because him and his little pot smoking buddy decided they would relieve the cemetary of a few items. We're inside the trailer questioning them and the boy is having a bad case of disrespect for us, so the chief decides that it's time for him to take a ride with us. Unfortunately, after a few seconds of them playing patty cake, the boy slips out and runs out the door. We have a no foot pursuit policy, plus we still have the daughter inside getting froggy. She runs into the bathroom and we're right with her. We drag her out and we're trying to get ahold of her and finally I'm in behind and do a front leg sweep and she ends up on the floow with me on top and we take her down to the office. It's kind of a bad deal for her though. She's the only one in the family that has half a brain and mom has stuck her with taking care of the brother while mom goes about doing whatever the hell she does.

Of course there was the night we chased the two juvenile car thieves to the single wide after they bailed and went through a field with a couple of inches of snow and all they were wearing was t-shirts and shorts....................

I may have a Taser, but I think when the sheriff gets back from vacation, I'm gonna see if I can get a blaster so the next time I go to a single wide, I can set if for stun and take care of everybody as soon as I get through the door.

:D :D :D

8. Desert Rat

Ok, a coupla question; Phillips or flat head? No foot pursuit policy? :dunno:

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I think it was a Phillips. The asshat ADA offered him a deal, 120 days county, $500 fine. He happens to be illegal and she apparently didn't want to deal with the case period............................. :mad:

The foot pursuit policy is in place because up until last year, the only handhelds anyone had were bought personally and even though we could get reception in most parts of the county, a deputy could not transmit on them if they were further than ten miles away from the department. We finally got handhelds last year, along with in-car repeaters so our communications took a giant leap forward, but we still do have dead spots in the county. In fact, I live so far away from the office that during the day, I can barely transmit and receive. If I go about 5-6 miles east, no matter what time of the day or night, our communication is poor at best. We don't have any towers running up around here. In fact, my last pursuit started about 4 miles from where I live now, and within 2 miles, my only communication with dispatch was by cell phone and there was no way I was gonna try that at 120+.

We will give chase if we have backup on the scene, but as far as the policy going away, I don't see it happening.......................

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

13. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Momma

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  14. Desert Rat

15. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Well, if God hates them (tornadoes), then that's reason enough for me.