Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My find for the day!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by IGOR, Sep 28, 2006.

1. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

1969-1972 Chevrolet light-green deluxe tailgate in excellent condition. Will sacrifice for $200.

[​IMG]

This was one of those deals you dream about. Makovai emailed me the link last night - I called the guy (and was the first one) and asked him to hold it for me - left work today and drove an hour each way from Portland to pick it up.

The guy that was selling it - very nice old guy - said he had a page full of phone numbers with guys wanting it if I backed out. He said he had never been so popular - a friend listed it on Craigslist for him - he had no idea of the power of the 'net!

It is in excellent excellent shape - he bought the truck brand new in 1970 - took it off of the truck immediately and put on a canopy - Then he repainted the truck in '85, and had the gate painted to match. There are 3 dings on the gate that I counted - and a small scratch in the Chevrolet backing plate.

Anyway - I'm stoked - this was the only piece of sheetmetal I needed to make my rig perfect - my gate is totally rotted out at the bottom

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  2. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

so you gonna match the paint to the tailgate or the tailgate to the paint?

That is a really nice looking tailgate from the picture. I'm a little jealous but all i caould have afforded was the bolts to hold it on.;)

4. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Congrats - looks very cherry!