Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My first ck5 rant--- important to all wheelers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DUKE, Oct 20, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

So I am in Moab, one of the best places in the world, camping allong potash road allong the colorado (right before poison spider messa for those that know). Well I get there kinda late on friday after work, about 11:00ish, I know where the camp is where all my friends are at so as i roll in i turn off my lights and engine and coast in (as to be quite and polite, as i know my lights are bright and the engine is loud) I get out and head to our little fire ring and then I hear it, the noisy a$$ "jeepers" dinking and being all load and sh!t. My friends and I all try to get to sleep as we are getting up early to climb Castleton Tower out in the canyon lands [​IMG] These jerks end up staying up until 4 am yelling and screaming and driving in and out driving through a small sand pit (at 2 am!) neadless to say to all the climbers, bikers, hikers, and other enviroment lovers the "jeepers" and "wheelers" came off really bad. In the morning I went as far as to push my truck away from the camps when i started it, and used starting fluid so i wouldnt have to crank it in the cold morning at 6am. When I got back in the afternoon the "jeepers" where getting an early start on the budwiser consumption and I spoke with them, naturally they liked my blazer and found it aweinspiring (allthough it remains relativly mild to some of the greats on this site) and being as nice as I can I exspressed my disapprovement of their rudeness and the negative impact it has on the wheeling community, they replied with snikers and "oh sh!t we didnt relize where were so loud" and the like smoke blowing as late into the night again they raged on, with more vigor than the night before. It almost made me ashamed to have 35x12.5s on my truck to know that some people might have thought that I was one of THEM. this pisses my off for so many reasons AAAAAARRGGGGG. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

We had some "People" I use that word loosely at the california sierra trek awhil ago ..Our camp spot was at the edge of the lake and kind of close to the dirt road to the main activities area all night You could hear peeps zipping up and back on the road like there was a hwy there....I think the worst was there where a few people that really wanted to attened the event and took there car's as far as they could get in with them and then walk or hitched a ride in and over night sombody's went and put a big ass bolder on the roof of the car and jump all over the hod and trunk...Keep in mind these where the same people that were there just to enjoy the area and have a good wheeling trip....mike
    Like the saying goes there is asses everywhere and they proved it....