Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my first lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BSav, Oct 18, 2004.

1. BSav

BSav Registered Member

Well I have pretty much wore out my 31 inch tires. to the point where some belts tore apart leaving my tire with a wart in the tread. I am going to get some 33, 12.5 15 BFG all terain's. My truck sits on stock leaves now but with the bigger tires I am going to need a lift. I was looking at tuff country's 3in ez ride lift. I am going to buy four new springs due to the saggy rear. On tuff countrys web site they state that they recomens the ez ride springs for small block trucks. I was thinking that my 88 Jimmy is not a light weight. But if I get the heavy duty springs I dont want them to ride rough, but i dont want the softer springs to sag. The truck is my dailey driver, it sees more road action than off road.
    What do you think? Is that even the brand to go with? I could go with Rancho, Superlift, ect. You'r response would be help full.
    As I work through my little project I will have more questions. Thanks for your help.
    Brian Sav

88 GMC Jimmy, 350 small block.

2. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

tuff country's work well. i am on my 4th set all on different rigs. i have been happy with all i have tried! /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

3. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I have the heavy duty springs and they ride fine. Call off road design and the people there will answer all of your questions. I talked with them for an hour before I made my purchase, they didn't seem to mind. They sell everything you will need.

Don't forget longer brake lines. Get the napa extended lines, they're perfect.

-Chris

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well I have pretty much wore out my 31 inch tires. to the point where some belts tore apart leaving my tire with a wart in the tread. I am going to get some 33, 12.5 15 BFG all terain's. My truck sits on stock leaves now but with the bigger tires I am going to need a lift. I was looking at tuff country's 3in ez ride lift. I am going to buy four new springs due to the saggy rear. On tuff countrys web site they state that they recomens the ez ride springs for small block trucks. I was thinking that my 88 Jimmy is not a light weight. But if I get the heavy duty springs I dont want them to ride rough, but i dont want the softer springs to sag. The truck is my dailey driver, it sees more road action than off road.
    What do you think? Is that even the brand to go with? I could go with Rancho, Superlift, ect. You'r response would be help full.
    As I work through my little project I will have more questions. Thanks for your help.
    Brian Sav

88 GMC Jimmy, 350 small block.

[/ QUOTE ] I'd probley go with a 4" lift over the 3" lift.

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would go with 4" ez ride springs and be done. You don't need the HD's.