Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My first off road trip in my K5 (Added more pictures)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BranndonC, May 3, 2002.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Here are two pics, i have a few more, but i didn't set the video camera for too much...
    Click the link on the bottom of the post...

The FREAKIN Blazer is amazing! I have never even been off road before, but i took this think on a 30 or 40 mile winding bumpy road, then took it on some trails and i choose to climb this hill that seemed almost verticle. Now since i've seen videos of people climbing less steep hills, i was natrually scared $%^$ less!! I started and got a little more than half way up, got scared so stopped, and then decided to try and finish and the truck just climbed it no problem!! I have many other stories about today, but don't want to ramble or type too much, it's awsome!!!!!

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Re: My first off road trip in my K5 (2 pics for now)

Branndon, looks like you have a real nice truck there! You should come on out with our Club, the So Cal Big Dawgs, when you get a chance. I see that you have some axle trusses, but I don't know how much abuse those poor 10 bolts will take!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

when's the next trip? it is los coyotes? how far is it from the city of orange?

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Probably about a 2 hour trip...you basically go to Temecula and take the 79 South...pretty drive, but not fast driving in the mountains there...

Los Coyotes is May 18th...and Big Bear is Memorial Day Weekend...with May 26th being our Adopt A Trail run and Planning session with the Forest Service...we might also do some trail cleanup that day, depends on how many people we get...

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Very cool pics. I'll be taking my blazer offroad for the first time this weekend and will defiantley get some pics up.

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

think it's possible someone in my area is going? and do you have dirrections from the 91? I'm not too sure how to get to temecula. Also is it just one day, or 2? thanks again.

7. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Brandon, Keith doesn't get on during the weekends much so I'll reply to you. If you take the 91 to the 15 south to the 79 south you will hit it. Go to the So Cal Big Dawgs forum, and ask if you can hitch a ride with someone. You can drive out there and park your truck in the campground or by the gate and then hop in with someone too. There is almost always an empty seat somewhere. And I think they are just planning a day trip.

8. K5Psycho

K5Psycho Registered Member

nice truck their i took my rig out to some private trails and went through some crazy crap in 2wd but then i got hung up and clicked the 4L and drove right out
    i plan on getting a 4 inch lift but i am short on $$ had to get a new 700r4 trans i think my truck will be getting a 14 bolt air locker later on instead of that 10bolt posi

9. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Branndon, i'm going, im in tustin, you can hitch a ride or you can follow me out there, and i plan on camping sat night, why hurry home to do nothing, depending on when everybody is going out we may schedule a meeting time and place and all caravan out on sat morning. Keep checking the posts or drop me a line in a week or so. Oh an Esteban you can ride out too if you want to come without your truck. Wouldn't want to scratch it/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Hey Everyone, i added the rest of the pictures, it's only like 4 or so, just click on the link at the bottom of this post. And leland i might ride with you or follow you, i haven't decided yet, but i'm leaning towards following you because i love my stereo and want to show off my truck /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Whats in the center console?

Did you cover the rear panels? WHat kinda of carpet is it and was it hard to match?

What is the liner on the inside of the topper?

12. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Wouldn't want to scratch it

<hr></blockquote>

HA...........HA...............HA/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Unfortunatly, i won't be able to make it on the 18th. maybe the 25th though. But still no truck./forums/images/icons/frown.gif

13. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

nice pics fromMain Divide. did you go up from Indian Truck Trail. Nice view of OC. Glad you had some fun in your new K5. You are just gettin a taste, come out with us and youll be loving it!

14. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

hey, you live in the city or orange? and thanks about the pics. i didn't know the name of that place, all the pics are actually from a video, i set my video camera on a tri pod and did the hills, then picked it up afterwards.... i have more "scenery" pics of OC, but i just put the truck ones on the page.

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hey brandon..i e-mailed you a little while ago.agian..thats one nice truck hope mine turns out that ncie!!

Bryan

16. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hey brandon..i e-mailed you a little while ago.agian..thats one nice truck hope mine turns out that ncie!!

Bryan

17. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks, i was just luck to find one in that condition. Most people say "built, not bought" but i can't say that yet... i have to save up more money and "Build" my truck up more!

18. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha yes well thats ONE thing i will DEFINATLY be able to say when IM done with mine lol..but if i had a truck like yours..i would not give a rats ass about that motto lol

Bryan-later

19. dduckblazer

dduckblazer Registered Member

I didnt know blazers could fly!
    How was you landing? I landed in a heep once ,craked the the front window. Cool pics/video. Any photos of the driver side kicker speacker panle? Im thinking of the same

20. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

landing was not bad, but it was fun! I will take pictures of the kick panel for ya, and the sub box covered. the panels cost 150 though, and you have to cut the holes in them your self, also my magnet stuck out on the left one soo much, that i had to cut a big square out of the metal but it fits fine. I'm going to a place called "Holy Jim" tomorrow, it's a canyon that i can take my road on. i'll bring the camera.