Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My first order with ORD and it had a hick-up

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by MuddinManny, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Hey Y'all,

I just wanted to share my experience today when I ordered from ORD. After reading a lot about their products, I decided to purchase the Dana 60 crossover steering kit and the 1.5" tie rod assembly. I called and spoke to a gentleman there and told him who I was, that I was a member on CK5, my userid, and that I wanted to order the D60 cross-over steering kit and tie rod. I explained to him that I was looking at their web site, and knew of the discount. He stated the same price as the web site, and gave me the discount for CK5. No problem so far.

Then I told him that per the web-site, I had a 10" lift kit in the truck, all springs and that I needed the Billet Block and longer studs for the right (passenger side). He told me that it would be about $85.00 for the block kit. He also explained that there was no discount on the block kit, only the cross-over kit itself. No problemo.

Next I ordered the tie rod. The web-site was listing it at $115.00. He kinda hesitated when I said that, because apparently the price went up but the web site has not been updated. He honored the $115.00.

After finishing the order up, he told me that the shipping would be about $40-$50.00. So altogether, I rung up about $589.00 parts $50.00 shipping for total of: $639.00.

I took a knap, woke up, and checked my on-line banking when I saw ORD's debit for $753.00. I flipped! I called them to discuss the matter and spoke to a female representative. I already had prior hand knowledge that an issue existed with ORD and their customer service from posts here, but I wasn't prepared for an additional $120.00 difference.

When she explained the charges, she told me the x-over was $440.00, block kit: $85.00, longer stud kit: $59.00, tie rod: $115.00 and then an additional pair of tie rod ends at $79.00 + shipping. I told her hold on a minute, this wasn't what I discussed with the rep I placed the order with. I also explained that I wasn't told there would be an additional cost for the longer stud kit. In response, she explained that they already gave me a $50.00 discount. I asked how it could possibly come out to $753.00. I told her that it appears they didn't want to honor their posted prices on the web-site, and that subsequently, I may have been baited and switched. She immediately got defensive and put her supervisor on the phone. The supervisor reviewed the order, then explained to me that with the 1.5" tie rod, it requires purchasing the matching replacement ends. Neither the web-site or the two CSR's explained this to me. The new tie rod ends are what caused the extra cost. Believe me, I politely expressed my distaste for that fact. How could their own CSR's fail to explain the need for the additional parts and the extra cost? That's product knowledge.

We worked it all out and the order stands as is. I hope you can imagine how I felt, especially after I've read all the other posts. I'm not trying to take advantage of ORD, but posted pricing is posted pricing, and to play with the numbers after you place an order, not explaining or having working knowledge of your own product and not updating the web site with changes in prices is a little much. I know and understand cost increases, but despite working everything out, I don't understand the customer service. I am hoping that the product is better than the initial process.

I'm not passing judgment on ORD or bad mouthing them. This is exactly how it happened. Just make sure when you order, you confirm pricing, know exactly what your getting, and get your charges before you get off the phone. Hopefully if I have any installation issues, the technical service end will be right on.

Thanks,

Manny

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

FWIW.... Don't take anything apart in anticipation of getting your stuff. After it gets there, make damn sure everything is correct for your truck and all the numbers on the invoice match the numbers on the parts and the pieces that go together actually fit together and you got what you ordered/wanted. Then take your stuff apart.

3. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

damn, that sucks. I had no problem at any time I have delt with them. hope there not having changes to their company that are causing issues like this. Im with ya on the pricing. if it says it on the site thats what you should pay for it. and if its wrong they should honor it regardless, unless they have a legitament explanation for the additional cost. yes they should inform you of all parts needed as they are suposed to be the experts, especially on there own parts.

if they for get to update their site they should not pass the problem off to the customer in the form of additional undisclosed cost then get an attitude about it. its there responsibility to keep their site and pricing current. customer service is EVERYTHING to a company. its what makes a company live or die.

I would still buy from them.........but I would probably have a bit of concern now where as before I had none. I hope this is just as isolated case and not becoming a common occurence with ORD.

to ORD, this is bad press which as a reputable company you should not stand for. I know you guys get tons of calls in a day with just a bunch of questions, but this is what you are in bussiness for. you need to fix these kinds of issues before its becomes a problem and affects your reputation as a great company. word to the wise.

4. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Well, I know where I WON'T be ordering from!

You have EVERY RIGHT to b-itch, whine, and complain. Why? Because YOU'RE PAYING FOR THE STUFF!!! They're not giving you their products or sponsoring you.

What I gather from what you just described is piss-poor business practice. It sounds like two or three people handled your order rather than THE one person you talked to.

The reason I'm on fire about this topic is because I'm dealing with ultra-crappy customer service from my bank regarding them sending checks that I ordered from them to my OLD address and having scum-buckets steal them resulting in me being out $3131.84!!!!

5. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    not to rag on you because you do have reason to be disappointed, especially since many of us hold ORD in high regards, but it's common knowledge that website prices are subject to change. some sites update their prices often, while others don't have the time to do so. the prices that they charge are the ones that they have when you call, which are the most current. but this does kick down ORD a few points in customer service since you were told that the 600 some was your total. everyone has a bad day tho. & this stuff does happen. if you're worried about customer service steer clear of USA6x6, since they have one of the worst reputations out there. but i'll be ordering some stuff from them either way, and ORD will still be getting phone calls from me down the road for some other parts that i need. hope your future experiences are better & CDA, compare ORD's positive feedback to their negative & see which outways the other.

PS I'm not a ORD representative in case you're wondering LOL but i have dealt with them on countless occasions.

6. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I've also never had a problem with ORD items and my wife will tell you I bought too much stuff from them. That's annoying to have the price change after getting off the phone. To be fair, I'm not sure how many "supervisors" are at ORD. I have a feeling it's mostly a family run business and they don't have lots of CEO's , customer service managers, and other type people. I don't work there or know anyone there though, so it's only my impression.

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

ORD is falling into the toilet. All there prices are sky high compared to other companies. They never update there web site so you have no I dea what the final price will be. Then half the time they never send out everything that you ordered.
    They will never see a penny of mine ever again.

8. lar300mag

lar300mag 1/2 ton status

Just a little about my purchase with ORD, after going over the web site and figuring out what I wanted with prices, I called and placed an order. I had them e-mail an invoice to me for the price and it was higher than what the web site posted, about 300.00. I discussed the prices with Stephen and he explained to me what they were for (the extra parts needed to complete the installation). Once I received the parts, I found out oine of the rear springs was missing the over load and center bolt and also the tie rod ends wasn't there. I contaced Stephen and he got on the phone to Tuff Country and fixed the spring problem, they just shipped a new one, I found out it had come apart in the back of the UPS truck. As for the tie rod ends, there paperwork showed it was packed but without hisitation, they shipped me the tie rod ends. The little bit that was wrong was made right. I asked for some ORD stickers to put on my truck when its finished and just got them. I would deal with them again and the tech support Stephen has giving me has helped alot.

9. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We have more to work on, no question. Every time we grow we get some pains and we are always growing.
    I'm not going to defend our actions point by point because the problems are solved by the time you read about it here. If they are not solved, this is not the place to sort it out, we need a phone call.
    In the situations listed here, we screwed up in various ways. Andy is a relatively new tech here and is working on learning the massive amount of info necessary to do the job. In one case, he thought about the call and wasn't sure that he had talked about the tie rod ends being a separate part # from the tie rod tube itself. It's a question of what we all remember but regardless, it's taken care of now.
    We also run into various problems with terminology. Lots of people use different terms for the different parts and we do a good bit of translating. If this is not 100% successful, guys end up with stuff they didn't want or don't recognize. Then we take care of it after the fact. Key point being, we take care of it.

Keep in mind, this is not a "customer service" (defined here as help with an order you have placed) forum but rather a technical assistance forum. If you have a problem with an order or the ordering process, do not post it here. This forum is not checked regularly enough to get you the help you need in a timely manner. Pick up the phone and call us, we'll sort it out. Most of the time we don't even know your real name! Another problem with posting order problems here is that the conclusion is rarely posted. Thus we read about a lot of problems but no resolution.

A couple of other points:
    This is a family operation in large part. The company structure is still pretty flat which means there are several people that can help you in most cases. However, if you have a major problem, I am the end of the line.

Website pricing is subject to change and do not count on it as a contract to sell at the listed prices. When you place an online order, the prices you are given on the order form are the price you will be charged with the exception of the shipping amount which is typically within $2-3.00. The online order form is a contract to sell at that price. If you are phoning in, we should give you the price as part of the process and if you don't get it, ask. We're not trying to take anyones money or screw people over. We are here to get you the right parts to build, improve and maintain you trucks and would like to continue doing it so obviously we're not trying to screw our customers. We're almost 10 years old now and plan to go at least another 10.

I'm going to leave this thread open (at least for the time being) since we deserve some bumps and bruises and I'd rather take them up front than have to deal with bigger problems later, BUT from here on, I'd like to hear some constructive criticism or some phone calls before terminal problems are posted.

10. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have spent over 3k of mine and other peoples money to fix and make the 73-87 style trucks live longer with products from ord. i have been asked good questions and given good info when on the phone with them in the past. i have yet to be sorry i ever sent them money for a good quality and great fitting product. i have talked with stephen in the past and he is 100% nbs kind of guy. thay even sent me stickers with my orders with out asking at times. most places i have ordered from dont do that.

all i am going to say is keep up the good job and give the new guys and gals some slack. and being in the auto bissness for my job. its best to write down time/ name/ date of the call and some pert info to refer to if there is a proplem. we at work have had a lot less problems with orders after we inacted this policy. this leaves no room for error in any ones part other than the parts person. wich is were most of the problems are coming from anymore.

ORD IS COOL IN MY BOOK !!!!!!:bow:

11. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Stephen,

I have read your post and will respond with a phone call to you and a follow-up post here. I am not the kind of person who will bad mouth and NOT tell the whole story beginning to end. That is not fair to everyone involved. I have NEVER nor will I EVER personally attack a company or its personnel. I've explained my situation fact by fact without personal interjection. I believe in resolving the situation based upon its merits. I want to make it perfectly clear that I am out for what is FAIR, not free parts, not special considerations; but just to receive what I'm entitled to by the CONDITIONS OF SALE YOU ESTABLISHED, not what I ask for, or demand.

I have a lot more to this story but I've been waiting on getting my parts, simply because there are numerous posts here on customers being sent the wrong part and then paying a price in aggrevation to get the right one from you, or being dropped. Without passing any judgment, I'm exercising wisdom and reservation in waiting to see what's what. My parts should have arrived today. I will get to inspect them tomorrow. When I do, I'll contact you and discuss the matter. I've already tried the phone calls and have had no success to date. Maybe it will be different through you.

Manny

12. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

stay in touch, if there's more questions, don't be shy.
    thanks
    SW

13. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I love all these disclaimers :D :rolleyes: :laugh: !!

14. nobody

nobody Registered Member

Same problem here,refused to honor their web price.:doah:

15. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]no post entered

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  16. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

So let me get this straight? Apparently, what YOU are saying is:

YOU establish a business, post YOUR products on the web, set up a talk forum so YOU increase YOUR exposure. Then YOU set up YOUR discount for the talk forum members, to get YOUR company referrals; hence more profit for YOU. And instead of updating YOUR information, YOU play games with YOUR customers monies AFTER the sale. Got it!

Just answer me this: WERE DOES YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY RUNNING YOUR BUSINESS COME INTO PLAY?

Oh, wait, I remember. :doah: I need to step back and realize YOU aren't Summit Racing anywhere near that size or staff. Like that's a viable excuse?

I don't know who you are in relationship to the company, but no one pisses on my boots and tries to tell me it's raining!

Man, I hope Stephen is a little more civilized and reasonable to talk to!

Manny

17. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Stephen,

I thought we had an agreement to talk to one another and resolve this matter outside the forum, then post the results to end it? I don't know who that was who posted above representing your company. I told you I was a man of my word and that I would call you once I got my parts, inspected them and knew I had everything. I got an email stating my longer studs were shipped and that they will arrive on the 14th. I WAS content with the way we were progressing until that post.

I'm still willing to call you and talk about this the right way, but if I'm going to get that kind of attitude what's the purpose? Please give me a day or two, because I need to calm down a little after this.

Thanks,

Manny

18. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I bet you MuddinManny, he doesn't even know that was posted!!

19. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I don't think that person was referring to you. I think he was referring to the 'nobody' post who sounds like he's pissed that the price ended up being different when he actually called to order. That's a different thing and is pretty much the same for everywhere online. Heck, it's not walmart we're talking about. Nobody updates their website every single day. The only thing that will happen by complaining is that they'll take all the prices off the site and replace it with "call for quote" like you see in magazines.

20. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Hey Y'all,

I just received a very rude PM from K10ANDYKHAMNIC, the gentleman who took my order. I will NOT post what he wrote me, but I will discuss it with Stephen.

I will say, that by his words, apparently Stephen and Andy are getting tired of the bitching and complaining in this post and on the forum in general concerning issues surrounding product and transactions. I agreed not to discuss the matter in the forum until resolved. ORD's employee chose otherwise.

Bottom line: My argument is simply the honoring of the prices THEY posted here in THEIR forum and on THEIR web-site. If prices change, have the desency to update it, not after the time of sale, without the customer knowing it.

I will still contact Stephen and try to talk with him. That's all I got to say until Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

Manny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.