Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My First Stuck (Pictures)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by m1ndless, Apr 15, 2007.

1. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

Yesterday, I went to lake pleasant, and it just recently rained, so there was some nice mud pits. There was a huge 4ft deep pit, but up a ways, there was a nice little mud pit, maybe 6inches of mud, not even axels deep. People were going through it all day, as was I. But I went through it this time, and the pit collapsed somehow, and I got stuck.

My entire back wheel and tailpipe were under water. It was in Lo Loc..or so I thought, I came to find out that my low 4wd gears do not work, only my High and High Loc work.. Kinda ghetto.

But anyways, here are some pictures, after 3 broken two straps, someone had a military tow strap rated at 20k lbs, it was like 4 inches wide and quarter inch thick, and it finally got my out, a guy in a chevy 3500 dieseal with some bitchin' two hooks.

Trying to get out, I somehow broke the valve stem, I was all happy until I hopped out and saw my tire. I had to hop in my buddies jeep, and drive down to Discount Tire at anthem, where they fixed it for free.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

nice stuck:D To bad about the transfercase. what is it a 208?

3. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

I am not sure, I just got the truck a little over a month ago.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

In a '79, with "loc" positions ... it's an NP203.

Methinks your shifting linkage needs adjustment.

Can't tell if you have manual hubs in front, in which case the "loc" positions are prolly 4WD and the others 2WD.

-- A

5. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Time to invest in a locker or two!! ;) :D

6. 87K506

87K506 1/2 ton status

yeah try adjusting your linkage on the transfer case...on my 76 the tcase wouldn't go into either loc positions, and it has the part time kit, so it didnt have any 4wd until i adjusted the linkage/cleaned all the gunk out of it. After that it would go into loc without a prob.

7. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

I can go into high loc, but now lo loc, which is odd. I will have to check the linkage and such.

Once I realized my lo loc was not working, I put it in high loc, and we got me out.

8. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I would definitely take a look at that linkage....thats probably the reason it wont go into lo loc. Ive broken those cheapy seatbelt looking tow straps on the first yank before. I have a towstrap that I got from a place in my hometown rated at 30,000 lbs...its really wide...and I can say that I have yanked on that thing extremely extremely hard many times and its holding up just fine.

Oh...and I second the "time for some lockers" statement someone made eariler.:doah:
    -Harrison

9. KevinsK5

KevinsK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nice!! Man you buried it on that one side bad. Open diffs suck. I think (IMHO) you got stuck cause of that alone and it wasn't so much the pit giving out. 5000lbs of blazer being pushed by 31's on one side only looks like your pics. Kevin

10. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

Yeah, both tow straps snapped on the first tug, both were rated at about 7k lbs. We just foudn out that my uncle has a nice militarty tow strap, thats rated at 45k lbs I think, its like 5 inches wide and about a quarter inch thick, he has had it for years, I will make sure to take it next time.