Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My First SUV

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FastNFrightening, Feb 11, 2001.

1. FastNFrightening

FastNFrightening Newbie

Hey...

Im a long time Sedan driver and have been looking to get my first SUV. Im trying to find out as much as I can about them and from what Ive found so far Im really liking the new Isuzu Axiom. I dont think they are even out until spring but I really like the looks of it. They have a website - www.Isuzuaxiom.com with a bunch of pics and all of the specs, so If anyone would care to check it out and tell me what they think, Id much appriciate it. Thanks!

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

You might wanna watch yourself. Alot of guys in here run anything down that isn't a K5 (I'm guilty too). Alot don't even like the word SUV. I'm not sure this is the foroum for you but I'm sure some one will help. Thats what this is all about, help each other out but we pretty talk about full size GM trucks only.

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

3. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i don't think you can use such profanity on this web site[​IMG],,,,,i can't believe you used "SUV" "SEDAN" and "ISUZU" in the same post!!! sheesh !!![​IMG]

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Looks like one of those things that might hop a parking hump on the way to Starbucks......I'd just look around the neighborhood and see what the rest of the soccer Dad's are leasing.....

I'm at 10th and Plum....10 miles from nowhere, and Plum out in the sticks....Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

5. SuperUnknown

SuperUnknown 1/2 ton status

I think you are in the wrong place...
    ...but you might want to check out the new chevy Trail Blazers. I think they come out in the spring, and there powered by the new gm stright six. A very inpresive six cylender.

Aluminum running boards, rock sliders, same thing.

6. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Um...... yeah... Wrong place for this.. might want to check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.soccermoms.com>http://www.soccermoms.com</A> for info on a "suv" We all drive trucks here...
    But thanks for stopping by.. you stumbled across the greatest website on the planet !!! With the best truck ever made.. K5 Blazer/Jimmies ...
    Sorry..I hate when my Blazer is referred to as a "SUV".

OH !!! the soccermom link.. I made that up... It's not really a website...
    It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by rocko on 02/11/01 07:37 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hmmm. This is the fourth time I've seen this question, from the same guy. 3 different web-sites, 2 different 'user' names, same question about what we all think of an Izuzu speed bump!
    Are you looking for someone to say yeah go buy it? Prolly won't find em here, or bc4x4.com or Off-road.com either.
    Maybe you should take a cue from rocko and start a website.[​IMG]
    Surprise surpise, nothing in your profile either.

Rene

[​IMG]
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by tRustyK5 on 02/11/01 10:59 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

8. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I think you should buy one.

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

9. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've seen this guy a few other places too. I think it might be one of those automated advertisements trying to get a little public support behind yet another Japanese toy. As far as I know the word "sedan" is only used in advertising.

10. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Pugsley, if your right i dont think it got a whole lot of support from this site, haha! We are the few, the proud the k5 owners! (or soon to be owners)

[​IMG]

11. SuperUnknown

SuperUnknown 1/2 ton status

I'm going to make a point of running over the first Axiom I see on the road.

Aluminum running boards, rock sliders, same thing.

12. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

Is that the name of the "SUV" i had under my tire the other day?

<font color=red>1988 Chevrolet K5 Blazer, Middletown, NJ (07737).</font color=red> wkeil@home.com<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by walt88 on 02/12/01 09:18 AM (server time).</FONT></P>