Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My First Truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jmsmith272, Jan 8, 2005.

1. jmsmith272

jmsmith272 Newbie

Hey everybody... i havent really had a chance to post recently b/c im pretty involved w/ school and the football season hasnt been over long... but im gunna try to start gettin on here more these days.... but anyways ... back to the subject... I am only 15 but i am lookin into wat kind of truck to get... well... my grandfather has a truck that i am lookin at buyin right now... it is a 1985 Dodge Power Ram (i think 100 series) and it has a lift but im not sure how many inches... also it has 31" wildtrac offroad tires... the interior is VERY clean... it looks really good... the hood needs to be repainted... it runs good and im not sure how it drives yet... it has a white truck topper on it... but that will be coming off if i buy it... i will probably sell the topper if i can cuz i dont hav anything to do w/ it or anywhere to put it... the paint is a dark green color... the truck needs a good washing and im gunna clean up the engine... but everybody give me your thoughts or comments... thanx alot.... i will try to post some pictures ... i am planning to go drive it somtime today... thanks :)
    John-Mark Smith

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome to CK5 :thumb:

I remember when I was 15 and how excited I was when I bought my blazer, which is also green with a white top. As far as any thoughts on a dodge power ram....I don't have any. i don't know much information about those vehicles. Most of us know about Chevies, hopefully somone around here knows a little about those dodges and give you some tips/pointers. ;)

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

You say it has a lift. How do you know this? Alot of Dodges come with blocks in the rear from the factory so don't confuse this with a lift. Just a heads up for you there. 31's would also probably fit with out any lift at all.

Good luck with your purchase and welcome to CK5.

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

15 and you're on the right track...you got a thing about trucks:waytogo: You're going to well in life!!:grin:
    Now we just need to give you some further education: Dodge? ...stay behind after school.
    Chevy you say?....go home early and take a week off studies!:D
    Welcome to the best web site in the world!

5. jmsmith272

jmsmith272 Newbie

It has a lift

i know for a fact that it has a lift... it is currently my granddads truck and the guy he bought it from put the lift on it... thanks for the tips tho

6. jmsmith272

jmsmith272 Newbie

chevy? dodge? dont matter to me

im not 100% sure that i am gettin the dodge.. but that is what it is lookin like right now... plus i hav to buy my own vehicle and that one looks good... i dont care what brand it is as long as it works and has 4wd and is gunna last for awhile... my grandad will giv me a good price on it... somwhere around 2 grand or a little below that it think ... not sure exactly

7. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

i payed like 500 for my 74 blazer and ran it untill the motor let go... 2 grand is the most i have ever payed for a truck(my one ton dually and 83 blazer).

8. jmsmith272

jmsmith272 Newbie

the truck is in really really good condition and is very clean and has been taken care of... so i dont mind spendin 2 grand on it... especially seein as how i gotta drive it everyday for awhile

9. jmsmith272

jmsmith272 Newbie

one more thing

well... actually... i will tell u this... i would definetely rather have a chevy than a dodge... chevy takes more pride in their trucks and i consider them to make better quality trucks... i want to get a 95 - 99 Z71... thats wat i would really like to have... im tryin to talk my other grandad into buyin me one.. or at least helpin me buy it... i will keep lettin yall kno sommore stuff as i continue thinkin abt buyin watever i buy... thanks for the help everybody