Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Friend Got His Dog and His Truck Back!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Oct 17, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

No, this isn't the beginning of a cowboy joke... LOL!

My friend got his truck stolen a few days ago and it had his dog in it. He didn't care much about the $10,000 truck but was really torn up about the dog.

Well I forgot to tell you about it but it drove up here that night with another vehicle behind it. Dog and all! It was another one of this guys friends and he said he found it in a parking lot with the dog in the back and a key in the ignition.

Now this friend of his in my opinion is a scum bag of sorts and I just don't believe it. I think another one of this other guys friends who happens to know Gary must have known where the hidden key was and stole it. Then maybe the scummy friend stepped in and said NO! Not that one! or something along those lines and brought it back with this story of finding it in a parking lot.

The guy is lucky he didn't get stopped because it was reported stolen already and on the computer. So he would have gone right to jail. But I just don't buy his story. Neither does Gary. Anyways, he's glad to have the truck and the dog back....

Hmmm.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

KICK ASS!!!

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif glad he got his dog back. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like a happy ending /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

what screwed up priorities... $10k truck? [darn] the dog!

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

6. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Good news! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Good to hear, glad he got them both back /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    what screwed up priorities... $10k truck? [darn] the dog!

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

If my truck got stolen with either of my dogs in it and I had a choice of which one I could get back, I'd take the dog back rather that the truck. Trucks have insurance, my dogs are like family.

Glad he got them both back, that's great to hear. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

right on /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif glad he got them both back /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Glad he got them both back. I Love my Truck and all, but probably would be more likely to kill someone for stealing my Dog. I'm sure my Dog would do the same for me... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[​IMG]

Beagles ROCK!!!

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    Trucks have insurance, my dogs are like family.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, my truck has insurance... and if it got stolen, some SOB from the insurance company would gimme enuff cash to buy a burnt out old stock half ton K5. oh goodie!! Sorry fritz/frank (my miniture dachshunds), but I gotta go with the K5. lol!!!

j

12. landsmasher

Same here. I would much rather have the dog back than the truck. But he got both back so happy happy joy joy...! Yes, a good ending... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. jekbrown

very yay. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif maybe this is why I dont lock my dogs in my truck... or tie them to it, or whatever.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

j

14. landsmasher

Ya... The dog was in the back bed and camper shell. The cab window was closed so the dog had no access to the front. If it wasn't closed the thief would have never gotten into the truck. Gary said he won't close that anymore and now he's out looking at a lojack system. He's also going to get a chip put in his dog. Those are a great idea and I'm going to do it to mine also.

Did you know they now have lojacks for dogs and kids?

15. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you know they now have lojacks for dogs and kids?

[/ QUOTE ]

So if they locate my kids or dogs going North on Highway 91, they shut them off??? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

16. landsmasher

No ya doof... LOL! Good idea though. It just locates them within 6 feet...

17. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No ya doof... LOL! Good idea though. It just locates them within 6 feet...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just Kidding... Seriously though, I have two young kids and would consider this... I have a few questions/issues though:

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif All things that are designed for Good will eventually be used for Evil in some form or another. (Sorta like Breast Implants...) The thought of someone besides me being able to know the location of my kids within 6 feet is a little alarming.

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I swore many years ago that the day would come that we would all have transponders, 'Big Brother Style', and that I would die before I would participate. Now that I have kids I would impose this on them to keep them safe in their youth, although as they age there would come a time that I would feel it to be an inappropriate intrusion. (They have to grow up someday /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ...) Not sure where to draw that line.

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I'd need to know a lot more about the actual hardware and installation, and would probably do it myself before I would have it done to my kid or dog, just to learn all the stuff they don't tell you beforehand.

Is it actually the lojack company or something similar? I would seriously like to look into this. I'm a little more paranoid than the average parent, but I rarely let my kids out of my sight. I lost the Boy for less than a minute at the Monster Truck Show and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. With that many people and nearly no security whatsoever, a kid could disappear into that noisy crowd very easily. Only have to experience that feeling once to change your outlook on things. It only takes once to lose a kid forever. Same with a dog.

Paul

18. landsmasher

It's just something I heard on the news one day. Maybe you should try running a search on the internet and check it out. I don't really know how it works or anything. All I remember is that they are locators and they use GPS technology.

The chips I was talking about for dogs are better than tags. They have all the info on them to get your dog back to you and all vets and animal shelters are required to scan for a chip before puting a dog down. So I'm going to go ahead and do that to my dog.

When ever my dog has been gone for too long and finally comes home or is returned to me, I wished I had a "Doggie Cam" on her. Don't you wish your dog could talk sometimes? LOL! The doggie cam would have let me know where she went, and what she was doing or going through...

19. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ...I wished I had a "Doggie Cam" on her...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've often wished for a "Doggie-Style Cam", but that's a different thing entirely! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

20. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Glad he got his pooch and rig back.

BUT I couldnt help but think he musta played an old country song backwards when I read the post title. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif