Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My friends 1970 1 ton converted to 4x4

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yukon Jack, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

This is my buddy's 1970 1 ton. He converted it to 4wd a few years ago using a 3/4ton Dana 44 up front, NP205, and it's original Dana 60 dually rear. I recently gave him a Dana 70 dually rearend in exchange for some body work. I doubt he will ever go with a Dana 60 up front as it is not necessary for how he uses this truck. Chevy didn't make a 1 ton 4x4 in the 67-72 years, but Tony's sure turned out great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Very nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hey! That is cool!
    I like it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Your rig looks pretty nice there too Jack.
    When I first glanced at the top pic I thought the 1 ton had tandem dually axles out back, but the second one turned out to be yours. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

That is Awesome!

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

very cool /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif gotta love unique built/assembled 67-72 like that one, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

technically isnt 30 series unless was a 30 series originally, IE taller frame rails only found on 1 tons and longhorns, and if the rear axle was 1 ton one(IE 1 ton sized brakes) and if it had an actual 1 ton front axle

but stil great truck /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif very cool

i just had a dually D70 axle i coulda gave hi too, i let it go scrap too, about 8 days ago, maybe 9 now, was a '61 model year one

7. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I like it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif very nice work. I can't wait to see yours done. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

8. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Randy, it is a C30 originally. He did all the work to change it over to a 4wd. Tony got the truck after it went through the Andover, Kansas tornado - it was beat pretty bad but he is pretty talented and resurected it.

I will let Tony know you all like his truck and thanks for the compliments on my truck too!