Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My front driveshaft story

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Dec 2, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

well i took my front drive shaft with me today to get some parts that noone has, and the driveshaft place that i took it to said that i needed a whole new shaft cause the slip yoke had a little play and one of the ujoint caps spun freely when i swiveled it up and down. they quoted a probable $350 but lmc has them for 250. i ordered all new ujoints and the ball seat thingy $60 im hoping that the shaft will last a couple of more years what does everyone think i should do replace it right away or put it off for a while? any recomendations as to where i can get shafts any cheapert than lmc?

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

in the wanted section.

i got afront driveshaft with ujoins here from a fellow kind member for like 20 bux. it needed a u joint, but was in real good conditoin

3. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

my luck doesnt seem to stay around for more than a minute everytime i look for something in that section its not there and not to mention at the parts store either. lol

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Post it in the wanted area...works for me.