Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My get outta the way button

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Jul 16, 2001.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Man my horn has not worked since I got the rig and I have never need it more. All the fuses are good, the cigarette lighter has been disconnected too. Does anyone no where I should start for the troubleshooting?

Beer!!!! Its not just for breakfast anymore!!.[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Check the horn itself. Those can go bad and need replacing some times. I would take it off and swap it with another similar vehicle that does have a working horn and just see if one or the other works on the other vehicle. If it dont work on the other vehicle, you need a new or different horn.

Anybody planning on checking out my homepage, forget it, I am still working on it!!!

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Well, could I hook up a test light and then go push the horn and see if it lights up, then this would tell me the horn is bad right?
    Im not much on "lectricitay".

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

4. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

You can take the horn out and connect it to the battery using jumper cables. Black and red of jumper to batt and other black to horn ground. just touch other red jumper to terminal of horn. that will tell you if the horn is bad or not. Also inside the steering there are connections that sometime go bad for the horn.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sometimes the connection gets a little corroded. Test for power coming to the horn. Ground clip on the test light to good ground and probe in the connector and then have someone hit the horn. It should light up if ya got power...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

6. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

10-4. I will have a looky see what happens. I've got to keep myself busy till I actually get the new 14 bolt in my possession. I always assume the worst, like deal will fall thru.