Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My girlfriend hurt my feelings today.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Aug 15, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Her truck, a '97 Z71, was almost out of gas. She hates to put gas in her truck, so if it's low she'll just take my '95 C1500 and I'll take hers and fill it up. But, today I have my '72. She said hers was low on gas, and I said, "you can take my ol green truck, it's full." She started laughing, and I ask her what she is laughing for. She said, "Your truck is a pile!" Talk about a kick in the balls! :mad:

The funny thing is that I have owned my '72 longer than we have owned her '96, and never have I had to work on my '72. Her '96 has had a new fuel pump, new starter, and all new steering components since we bought it about 8 months ago, and all those post cost more than I paid for my '72.

This post means nothing really, I just thought it was funny when she called my truck a pile and refused to drive it :haha: Anyone else have a wife/girlfriend who drive/ride in their truck because it's ugly?

Here's my ol '72

[​IMG]

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That '72 is nice.

My wife would never drive my first K5. She loved and hated that thing...

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

That truck is very nice looking. I don't know where she got "pile" from. Must be a youngster, you been robbing the cradle D?

Hell, my wife drives our old rusty 79 C10 and loves it. I keep trying to get her to let me piece it out but she loves that old rusty heap.

She won't drive the 77 but that's because she can't see over the cowl hood. :D

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

It's ok. The pic makes it appear better than it is in real life, and it has some rust here and there. I think it's the green color that she doesn't like. I think it's kinda sexy :D

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

My wife has only ridden in my '72 K5 one time. About 6 months after I got it I took off the top and figured she might like to take it to dinner since she likes convertibles so much. She says "well alright".

We get about halfway there and she says "Jesus, never again, I feel like the Dukes of F*cking Hazzard riding in this thing, when should I yell yeeehaw?" :rolleyes:

Fine with me, just means I go wheeling without her and don't have to hear the screeching and histrionics when she "can't see anything but sky! AAAAAEEEEEE!!!!"

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

tell her if she dont like that kind of good old steel then she needs her head checked for problems. i love the 67-72 style over the rest.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

The wife always asks if my Blazer will run, and her cryapsler is always breaking down... :crazy:

8. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

This had to be hilarious to hear :haha:

She's kinda young, 21.

I get the same question, especially when relatives come over. They say "What are you going to do with all that junk? Does any of it run?" I just laugh and tell them it runs better than what they drive.

9. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

Dang women...When my wife (then girlfriend) first rode in my '72 K5, all I heard was "Why do I smell gas...What's that noise?...Is it supposed to do that?...I hope we dont break down"...The next day her '98 Limited Jeep Grand Cherokee blew a head gasket. $800 later she was a little more humble ;)

10. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I love that body style. Tell that chick she doesn't know what a great truck is - and, that the next time something goes wrong with her '96, she's on her own! :D ;) :haha:

11. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

That style is sweet and the color scheme is sweet as hell, too.

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Some people just don't understand that because a truck is old, doesn't mean it's junk. Heck, I see alot of older trucks that run better then newer ones. Seams to me that they were built better, don't break down as much as the newer ones.

13. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

Ill have to agree with that...and part of it (in my opinion) is that the newer ones use so many electronics...electronics control EVERYTHING...and most of them are cheap at that...plus everyone is so damn money hungry so whatever corners they can cut, they do...Sure Ive had problems with my truck, **** does wear out after 15 years...but not like some of these newer trucks. I can't wait to see how well they are holding up when they get to be 15 years old :haha:

14. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

old-91 = metal:cool: :waytogo:

88-up = plastic:mad: :angry1:

15. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

My wife has ridiculed many of my ideas over the years. The suggestion of maybe buying an RV, the purchase of various off road trucks, the suggestion of purchasing quads for the boys, the plan to retire in Nevada, etc. All I ever heard was how I should be more like my buddy John. John is great at this, John is good with his money, John has good ideas....blah...blah...blah. Guess what? John just bought a used RV. John then bought quads and a trailer. And then John just bought a house in Reno. Suddenly there has been very little talk about how great John is lately............ :dunno: :haha:

16. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

i'd be checking to see if there's more goin' on with John.... :eek1:

17. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

my truck the wife would only drive if she had too. Just bought me a new truck to become my dd. I don't see her driving it niether '82 datsun kingcab longbed for $500.

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My wife would drive my Jimmy if she knew how. She never learnt to drive a stndard transmission...and my Jimmy isn't the best vehicle to teach someone with. :crazy:

She doesn't hate it though, she was completely humbled by it once many years ago and hasn't ever forgot. We we coming home from camping, about 250 miles from home and she had her beloved Mustang GT. I had a 5500 lb camper trailer hitched up behind the Jimmy, and had the kids with me. About halfway home while driving through the mountains I realize I haven't seen her behind me for a while...

I pulled over and waited for 10 minutes and still no wifey, so i pulled a U-turn and about 10 miles back there is her Mustang dead on the side of the road. It would run for 30 seconds or so and then quit...and only restart if it sat for another 10 minutes or so. We got it into a somewhat safe parking lot as the car dided almost right in front of some lodge.

We piled everyone into my Jimmy, and I arranged for a car trailer to be waiting for me when we got home. We got home 3 hours later, I unhitched the camper trailer, picked up the car trailer and drove back to pick up the damn car. I finally rolled into the driveway about 2 am...and my Jimmy never skipped a beat.

Since then even she won't let anyone get away with calling my truck a 'pile'...no matter what they drive. :waytogo:

That '72 is way too nice to refer to as a 'pile'...:eek1:

Rene

19. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I think it looks nice. Nicer than the stuff I drive.

No wonder I don't have a girlfriend. They're all too picky.

20. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I'd worry but John's wife is a dynamo in the sack and he's half my size. He's actually the one that should be worried....... :whistle: Actually, he is a great guy and trustworthy.