Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my god becarful

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bandit, Jul 8, 2001.

1. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

haveing a hard time typeing this becouse today i was helping puting a tranny in a 84 chev and the tranny fell off of 2 tranny jacks and smashed my hand i got real lucky and got out from under putwise it would of been more then my hand any way just b carful ouy there

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Must be a run on things falling off jacks... Norm (chevy4x4) got nailed in da head by a 5 ton International engine today when it came off the jack stands....

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

So you've got a gimped up hand too, huh? I had an Explorer rim jump off of a tire machine when I released it and almost broke a finger on Thursday. The worst part is I was "teaching" the new cleanup guy how to use the tire machine when it happened!! LOL!!!!

PUREINSANITY If ya can't stop,Smile as you go under![​IMG]I no longer have a photo album. thanx ZING![​IMG]

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

That is the biggist thing we have to be concerned with is safty. Weather it is working on our rigs or on the trails. I crushed my hand 15 years ago at work and it took 2 years for recovery and 3 surgery's. I don't have full use of it and I have a plastic knuckle. So everybody be careful.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

5. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

man that reminds me my seat belt just broke, and I' gotta put the new one in today.

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

6. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

is chevy4x4 ok?

Dave

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

7. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Yeah is Chevy4x4 ok?!?!? Must at least be somewhat ok if you know about it but still...........

[​IMG]Inline 6's are cool[​IMG]

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yeah he is ok. Think he just cut his lip and learned not to grab big fat engines when they slip off jack stands!! [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

9. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Must be something in the air, the othrer day I put a flat blade screwdriver right through my handand out between the 2 knuckles. Oh well, it's a long way from the heart!!!!!!!! Play safe.
    Shawnboy.

If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.

10. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

OH GREAT I have my blazer up on jack stands and now i don't want to go near it. LOL

11. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Hope everone is okay. Glad to hear that things weren't worse then what they were.

<font color=purple>In God's eyes, All life is equal.
    We honor nature,We honor ourselves.</font color=purple>

12. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm fine..thx for asking...actually, it was a tranny... just hit me in the face a bit, not much blood

<font color=purple>L8R...</font color=purple>

<font color=green>chevy4x4
    </font color=green>

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Can never be too cautious. Several months ago one of the CK5 Family had his K5 that had the wheels off and fall on him. Broke his pelvis and he was pinned for pretty good amount of time. I always take the weight off the jack but keep it in place till I give the vehicle a real good shake to make sure it's not going to fall before I get under one.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</A>

Grim-Reaper

14. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I just managed to wound myself by way of stupidity - I was out in the garage working on one of my projects and thought that it was a little too hot/humid to put on my coveralls - Courtesy of my own stupidity, I had a nice hot lump of slag land on my leg and make what looks like will be a really attractive scar. Moral of this story? Do not EVER weld while wearing only shorts/T-shirt.

<font color=red>Cripplefight!!</font color=red>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>http://pugsley.alloffroad.com</A> Updated finally[​IMG]

15. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Always think of safety first !!!! I put 2 sets of jack stands down and leave the floor jack in position every time I work on it ............also, never forget to wear your eye protection, a lot of us here use grinders and stuff but how many wear the safety goggles/ glasses ? I do !

L8r,
    . Riz . <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</A>

16. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Gawd...this scares me....replacing thermostat crossover pipe on my rig....don't ask, and was stitting there going to adjust the a/c hose away from the fan. Well...the hose went away from the fan, but my hand didn't. No blood, darn the girls love it. And glad I didn't have a flex fan, I wouldn't have a hand left. Just makes ya wonder whats next.

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!

17. NoFear

NoFear Registered Member

I was tightning the alternator belt on my 350 when the wrench sliped off the nut and threw my hand into the flex fan. Lickly the engine wasnt running, but the blade went into my knuckle and split open my finger. Scar tissue grew inside my knuckle so I cant open or close it all the way and I have no feeling in that finger tip. I now wear Mechanix gloves as much as possible.