Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Grandmother passed away..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Leadfoot, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Late Tuesday night (that's why I was not online yesterday). She was a great woman, sharp right up until the very end (87 years young). I just hope that at 67, I could have the sharpness and feistiness she had at 87. I feel weird as I was thinking I should be "feeling" for all those that lost their lives on 9/11/01, but couldn't as I had thoughts about my Grandmother all day. I guess I will never forget about them or her, so.......
    Her husband committed suicide years before I was born (oddly enough on 5/25 which is DAY, not year, as my birthday) and worked up until she was 82 (waitressing), taking care of the family, and had been a fireball right up until the very end. She was/is a great woman and will always be missed.

Thanks NANA!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

im sorry to hear that you and your family have my familys thoughts and prayers

3. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

In memory of Nana:

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
    I am not there, I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.(or a vibrant rainbow)
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the mornings hush,
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    of quiet birds in circled flight,
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there,
    I did not die...
    --Author Unknown

With Love~

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm sorry to hear of the death of you family member. I don't remember my grandparents, they passed when I was very young, so I didn't get a chance to know them. Always try to remember them smiling, the good times.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My deepest sympathy Chris!/forums/images/icons/frown.gif My wife's Gramma passed away this time last year and she was similar in her feistiness. It was a tough loss for us all.

Rene

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I'm so sorry for your loss. Fortunately you will see her again, until then its her job to be your guardian angel /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. You and your family are in my heart, in my thoughts and in my prayers.

I lost both of my grandfathers. I lost 1 of them when I was 4. And sadly enough...I never got to meet him. The other one I lost 3 days after my 16 birthday in 1987. The anniversarry of his death is actually getting close...October 10th. However...not a day goes by that I don"t see or hear something that makes me think of him. It makes celebrating my birthday each year difficult, but as time goes on, it is easier to understand. I know in my heart nothing will ever take away the emptiness but I will never forget what we had while he was here.