Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My HANDS are falling apart!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by EDdaTREE, May 14, 2002.

1. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Anybody here notice their hands going to pieces? My dang fingertips are cracked and callused, chopped up, knuckles are all sore and look like a train-wreck. It's not like I work TOO hard...I'm in the union. Must be 42 years of abuse and wrenching, popping beer tops, or SOMETHING!! Arthritis creeping in too. It ain't the age, its the mileage!!

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Mine are the same way, even after wearing gloves for the last couple of years.
    They still won't heal up. I use a lot of hand lotion just to keep them from cracking so bad that they bleed.
    I guess ya can't have your hands soaked in all kinds of nasty stuff day after day for years on end with out it finaly doing something.

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Well count me in. After 7 yrs of painting cars and 4 doing body work my hands are as dried out as can be. During the winter my thumbs will crack deep and hurt somethin fierce. I wont bother getting into calluses or scars. Too many to count.

4. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Mine look that way too but not from all that stuff you mentioned. Mine comes from years of working in day care and schools with my hand in bleech water constantly.