Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My heart bleeds for him

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Not...

OCALA, Fla. — A convicted sex offender apparently committed suicide in despair over signs posted in his neighborhood calling him a child rapist.

Clovis Claxton (search), 38, was found dead by his father with one of the signs beside his body. It was less than a day after his release from a psychiatric hospital.

His mother blames Marion County (search) Commissioner Randy Harris (search) for her son's death. Harris proposed putting up flyers in the neighborhoods of sex offenders to alert neighbors.

Sheriff Ed Dean objected. He says he understands the concern of parents but doesn't want to see hysteria.

Claxton's death follows the high-profile arrests of sex offenders in the separate killings of two Florida girls less than seven weeks apart. State lawmakers have responded by passing a bill to require lifetime supervision of some child sex offenders.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

thats a good start but they should ALL be under lifetime supervision :mad:

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Yea. Lifetime supervision. Like a chain gang.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This is a hard one because I belive it's very easy for someone too get the "Sex Offender" jacket pined on them. Yes, I think that adults messing with children should be castarated, but I do know of a couple cases where guys got convicted for nothing more then what was said, and I honestly don't belive they were guilty. So this is a tuff one for me.

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

The whole sex offender labeling issue is a tough one.. On one hand, It's good to know who and where these folks are.. on the other, it calls into question whether or not they can be rehabilitated... If they've served their sentence, isn't that enough? At what point have they paid their debt to society?

If we need to keep an eye on them forever afterwards, why not just save the trouble and shoot them immediately? Since we can't trust them in society, and warehousing them until they die is too expensive, I vote for offing them once the DNA testing proves the person did it, or they confess. whichever happens quicker. Sometimes, the gene pool needs some chlorine.

Tom

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah thats a good idea :D