Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My husband lives here!!!! grrrrrrrrrr

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by steve85fla, Apr 16, 2002.

1. steve85fla

steve85fla Registered Member

I don't get it, why are car parts so fascinating to men??? Every chance my husband gets he logs onto this site... posi this, 350 that, puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!! At one time he had 7 assorted trucks/cars, two boats, one big ol ugly swamp buggy sitting in our yard and an engine in my garage, I think we're down to only 6 assorted trucks and 1 boat, the engine in the garage is gone but replaced with another engine hauled in and put out back... I have an idea, for every truck or truck part brought into the house y'all need to bring us something shiney, diamonds work!.... just to keep the 'toys' even!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif)
    Thanks for letting me rant, don't take it out on Steve, he has no clue I've snuck onto here .
    MrsSteve /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Hey! I resemble that remark! Someone delete this post quick before the significant others get organized and move in on the 4x4 mafia action! Hahah!

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

your garage?????

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yea that's what I didn't like Her garage The house is the wives the garage is mine...LOL

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Look at the bright side, at least he's not hanging out at HottieswithHooters.com! I mean at least I wouldnt THINK he's hanging out there if he's here as much as you say!

6. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Just don't ever forget, "what's hers is hers," and "what's yours is hers."

8. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

AMEN!! However, last summer I made him build a shed!! I have the house and shed, he has the garage... We need to start a "wives of coloradok5 addicts" web page!

GQQD LUCK!

Sarah (aka VERY understanding wife of KRAZIE87K5)

9. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Actually, Donna and a few of the other CK5 wives discussed this on the off topic forum about a year ago. Post got quite long./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

My new GF wants me to get a K5 so I can drive around with the top off. Sounds good to me./forums/images/icons/cool.gif

10. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

11. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

Another CK5 widow, she needs her own truck.

12. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i dont have a wife so i dont have to worry bout it.

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well heck you could take the computer away from him and Hand him a stack of singles and he can go hang out at the strip club. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Why the heck can't you be happy that he's home tinkering on his toys/ indulging in his hobby? Granted it isn't cheap sometimes but at least he's staying out of trouble. Automotive hobby is the American way. It's a great hobby with incredible support and a universal acceptance. Look at it this way...if you and he were out traveling and broke down more than likely somebody from this site would come help you out if you could get word to us....see you should buy him a lap top computer so he can always contact CK5. It's better than Tripple A! You doubt that? Ask TRusty, Skigirl and several others that have had problems on the road and see what kind of help they were able to get.
    Don't beat him down on something he enjoy's. It will only make him miserable and I garrantee it will backfire on you. Heck sign up and get to know us. Lots of Lady's on the site that have joined because they have the addiction or they have a SO with the addiction. Heck get out there and tinker with him and share in his hobby.
    It's so bad at my house my wife (Lady Reaper on here) stole my first K5 and I had to go get another. Now when the top is off mine she takes off in it LOL. It's kind of humorus to see my 5ft wife getting in and out of my 7ft tall riding on 35's truck. My oldest Daughter LOVES our trucks. She always wants to go on rides in it when the top is off. Granted I do all the wrenching although they do come out and help me on big projects like droping engines. My daughter loves hanging with me when I'm tinkering on the trucks.
    Trail riding is a FAMILY sport. Heck in my club we have several 2 truck family's We have one Family with 8 Kids. The Wife drives a Four Runner with 4 kids in it and the Husband drives a FJ60 with the other 4 kids. Another Family has 5 kids and same deal. Wife drives the TJ with 2 or 3 and He drives the Scrambler with the rest. Heck If my Daughter is with me one of his sons is my Daughters age and they hang out and ride with me in my truck.
    Get involved if you want to share more time with him.

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

My daughter is 13 months old and she is already following me to the garage and watching me do stuff. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

She came up to me while I was changing tires and was trying to grab the lug wrench while I was spinning it. Had to hold her back to keep from getting too excited! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

She also goes thru my tool box ALL THE TIME, grabbing and pulling tools out to play with. She sees me with them and using them, so she tries to find some screws or bolts and tries to do her job. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

She is funny to watch, as I think she is starting to pick up the "fondness of vehicles" thing.

Thank god! I hope she keeps liking the trucks and not Barbie!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I want her to be one of those kids in school later that will know some stuff about cars and trucks. Gonna be funny to hear about her talking to her girlfriends about 454's, t-cases, lift kits, Boggers, etc. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

My daughter is 10. She started out the same way. She knows more about cars and trucks than some of her relatives! She told me about a week ago, and I quote, "dad, my first car is gonna be a big black truck with a big block, big tires, and flames!" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/cool.gif It's nice to know I'm doing some good as a father. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Also, the neighborhood boys are scared sh*#less of her. I can't wait for the dating years..heh heh. I'll be the dad that gets the "keep your daughter away from my son!" calls. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

16. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I say get out there and 'wheel w/him... Heck - 4 wheelin' is a family sport and it's not just restricted to guys!...

below a pic of my g/f Jill piloting the Green thing....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.rockmodified.com/fsr/lowerterm_4-13-02/640/fsr_lowerterm0049.jpg>www.rockmodified.com/fsr/lowerterm_4-13-02/640/fsr_lowerterm0049.jpg</a>

Marv

17. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

HELLO MY NAME IS PATRICK AND I AM A CK5 ADDICT
    Is there a 10-step program to help me stop (or have I fallen pray to Steve Director of Global Expansion project)?
    Or instead of screwing around he’s in the garage screwing up Hehe

Well just think of it this way some people don’t know where to find their husband /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Wow Marv...maybe an optical illusion but it looks like Jill is falling out of that shirt./forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Rene

19. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Not sure...

I'll do an intense close up inspection when I get home... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Marv

20. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Could just be the resolution of the pic...

Not like i was staring or nothin...LOL

Rene