Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my inbred truck adventure

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Jun 12, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Today I went and looked at a truck I had noticed some time ago. Its a '66 chevy on 44" boggers. I asked the guy about buying it. He said it had a burned up automatic transmission.. fair enough.. so I questioned him further. I asked him what kind of gears it had. He said "3.73, but with them tires its probably more like two somthin". WOW. I went out to look at it. I noticed 6 lug axles! I figured I would get a kick out of the steering, so I took a look. Stock push pull steering. The body had its fair share of cancer. The owner also said "It'll make them tires jump 4 feet of the ground, that 350 motor has tons of power!"

So whats the price..................

$5000 :deal:

I though maybe somebody would get a kick out of that. It should have been funny to me, but at the time it was just really aggrivating :eek1:

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

wow a burned up tranny with 3.73 and 44's what a surprise:eek1: That sucks man, some peoples kids:rolleyes: :doah::haha:

3. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

trannies dont like high gears and big meats! Ask me how i know....lol

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

those axles appreciate it though...

tranny = fuseable link :haha:

5. Cajun4x4

Cajun4x4 1/2 ton status

hooray for rednecks :haha:

6. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What an idiot. I really like those body styles, if I ever sell my truck I wouldn't mind getting another one to match my 62.. Yeah, and $5000, he's smoking something good, should ask him for some.

7. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

yeah, I love that body style also. I have a '66 c-10 I've kinda abandoned and quit putting money into. I would LOVE a 62' burban like you have :bow: . When I was in town looking at that truck for sale, I also saw a 60's panel truck driving around, that was primered and had a bunch of random colors and words rattle canned on it. Looked like the owners would have sold it cheap for some crack money. If I ever see that panel truck when its not driving, I'm gonna see if they would sell it :D

8. b454rat

I should probly start on my 62 again. I most the parts, 400, 465/205, 44 front and 12b rear. Need to put the engine/trans in, brakes, steering, where does it end?? I'd like to find a 2wd suburban, seeing how I have a little one on the way, be easier to put a car seat in it.....:)

9. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

That's funny- I like the body style- Jess

Picture 628.jpg

10. b454rat

I talked to you last year about putting a BBC in my 62. I guess the frame is a newer one on yours. I sold the motor, have a good running 400 that I'm putting in, no BS to install it either. Too bad I can't find a clean truck like your to build Jess. Clean trucks that age don't exist around here.