Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My job rant. It sucks, I hate it, and I'm angry!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Apr 28, 2003.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

My job rant. It sucks, I hate it, and I\'m angry!

***DANGER, DANGER, DANGER WILL ROBINSON, LONG RANT***

(Sorry to rant here, but like I can at work, nobody cares!) /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ok... I get a page this morning from work (Sacramento School District- Headstart). I get told a form that should be in every child's folder (has their reg info, medical stuff, basically bunch of useless crap if you honestly look through it because it's not even real info, just some lame forms) at the site that isn't there. I'm standing there thinking wtf... I got this job last January. All the last part of last year, they changed it and told me that form was not required unless someone asked for something called goal setting. Well, nobody hardly freaking wants to do that because it's retarded. I have parents tell me all the time it's stupid and they don't want to do it.

So anyhow... come to this year which started in September. Again, I was told the same thing about that form. If they don't ask for goal setting, then don't bother. So I didn't. At another meeting they introduced this wavier instead of this form, actually a much simpler thing. So I use it, and get like 80% of the people to sign it. The rest, well, I keep trying, they know some people won't sign things no matter what. Like I said I get this page today.... I get told they cannot find the goal setting forms. Well, no duh, I never did them because I was told don't worry about them. I do like I said have the other forms. But I guess now that is not enough. Why.... because someone woke up that this site will be reviewed by the state next month, now they are worried about those forms.

WTF!! When I first started last year they were doing them.... then at a meeting a month later, a meeting I still have the notes from, we were told not to worry about it. Then they changed it to do at some point.... or so they claim. Maybe it was during the summer? A summer I took off from them and wasn't not around, nor given anything when I came back and asked, so what is new!?

Someone told me (just got off the phone) in October it changed. I was gone for 1/2 of October when my Grandma died and got sick. Nobody ever gave me notes or filled me in even after I asked. Just so happened nobody knew jack for weeks during this point of the year either since the whole district administrative section moved moved across town. So who knows.... maybe they forgot, it does happen here. It's like the norm around here for nobody to know the deal.

Sooooo ok, I'm whining here.... but I actually just had a thought hit me. I'm really treated like crap at my job. Not by everyone, but by a few who happen to be in charge and make the decisions. Basically made to feel like a gopher. Always loomed over my head if I don't like it, leave. Nobody can agree on anything. We have meetings that last 3-4 hours, and they accomplish NOTHING. Nobody can agree on anything, and when they do, 90% it changes later on, and you only find out if you happen to be lucky and standing in the right place, which you never are.

Anyhow... I've pretty much decided to quit my job in August. We get out in June (summer break), so I will have 2 months to find a job but keep my benefits until then. I will sub else where during this time to get away from this because I need to be paid. If anyone asks why, I'll say because you ask a question, you get 5 different replies. Nobody is consistent. There are too many captains on the ship, and none of them see the iceberg ahead. Nobody can answer a question without confusing you, and when they can, the answer changes by the next week. I am sick and tired of this. I am sick of being expected to magically know wtf is going on, when nobody else does. I am sick of people changing their minds and not telling anyone. Or if they do, they do it in such a way you have no idea wtf they are about.

I'm done with my rant. I feel better now. I realize I am not employee of the year. But I never have had a complaint filed about me more or less was told someone had an issue with me. Everyone likes me, and I do what I am told, when I am told. I even do extra, and I make sure to help who I can. I know I tried my best. I know they'll replace me in a week and probably won't care. But hey, maybe someday they'll grab a clue. No wonder the schools suck around here. The lack of communication is beyond pathetic. Sheesh.... I'm done! Yah, onto bigger and better things! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Re: My job rant. It sucks, I hate it, and I\'m angry!

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm really treated like crap at my job. Not by everyone, but by a few who happen to be in charge and make the decisions. Basically made to feel like a gopher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, I'm right with ya there. Good idea to get out, I'm hoping to do the same thing soon. You would think Purolator would treat people good with how big a company they are. **** them, I'm the only draftsman here and I can't wait to see them squirm when I'm outta here! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm really treated like crap at my job. Not by everyone, but by a few who happen to be in charge and make the decisions. Basically made to feel like a gopher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, I'm right with ya there. Good idea to get out, I'm hoping to do the same thing soon. You would think Purolator would treat people good with how big a company they are. **** them, I'm the only draftsman here and I can't wait to see them squirm when I'm outta here! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes no sense.... SCUSD is a huge too. Thousands of employees, yet in talking this over with some others, it seems many people hate it because of the things I mentioned. Funny how they have even have employees. Things people will stay with for a paycheck...

Good, for you, make em squirm. If enough people flee and do like that, maybe someday, they'll wake up....

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Nice signature...and I don't mean the one you can see clearly. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rene <font color="white">...likes beaver oil</font>

5. ChevyCaGal

Shhhhhh..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Nice signature...and I don't mean the one you can see clearly. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rene <font color="white">...likes beaver oil</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I caught that the other day and for got to say somthing about it /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Just caught waht you added /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. ChevyCaGal

It's only there to see how long it takes a certain someone to catch it... and now I'm sure he will quickly... sheesh... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's only there to see how long it takes a certain someone to catch it... and now I'm sure he will quickly... sheesh... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

That's harsh!!!!!! And that's even AFTER I was kind enough to stay around that AM/PM for that stupid Kings towel. My inner child has been mortally wounded.

I hope you realize this requires payback. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. ChevyCaGal

LOL.... I honestly forgot it was there until Rene said something!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If it makes you feel any better I have to go to the doctor tomorrow because when I got home from the race I was coming up my two back steps and slipped. I jacked my arm and shoulder. I hope I didn't pop it out of the socket again. That really sucked and it feels the same as this... sooo maybe I did... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    LOL.... I honestly forgot it was there until Rene said something!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If it makes you feel any better I have to go to the doctor tomorrow because when I got home from the race I was coming up my two back steps and slipped. I jacked my arm and shoulder. I hope I didn't pop it out of the socket again. That really sucked and it feels the same as this... sooo maybe I did... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez...that sounds like something I would do.....clutz /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Ouch!!!!! Ya not having any pain from Saturday nite at the track are ya?

12. ChevyCaGal

No. I was fine. I work out every M-F at a place called Curves here. Have been for the last 4 weeks (I started the day after the last Vorra race)... and I was sore from that at first, but now stuff doesn't bother me now. I went to the doctor and basically they told me I have a deep tissue bruise. All I know is it hurts like heck! It sucks, I am gonna have to watch out now for awhile with that arm what I do. Oh well, could have been worse!

13. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i have a friend here that, along with her mother, own a few of the curve franshises in the fort worth area /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Steph, honey, it's me again. I was first to welcome ya to CK5 the night ya came in. DON'T be discouraged by those middle-management knuckleheads! Think about the mentality that these folks have to end up in middle-management?! They ASPIRE to mediocrity! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif