Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My K5 is back on the road

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jun 18, 2001.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

After about 5 months of sitting in the driveway, I finally got my K5 back out on the road today. Broke shock mounts is what took it out. During the downtime, I welded the mounts, take out the rearend and cleaned, painted it. Replaced battery and cables and put in a chip. Threw on some Rancho 9000's on the back. Drove around all day, don't think I have a good ground and with the chip, the engine is pinging and hard starting. Talked to my chief mechanic, said timing may already be too far advanced for the chip or it's the gas. Also had some temp gauge problem maybe related to the ground and still have an oil gauge to fixed. No matter how long and hard, the work is never done, but damn, it felt nice to have A/C and 350 cubic inches to get up and go with. Now get the Heep sold and have more money for new shocks up front.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I know exactly what you mean... I love my K5, but there are a LOT of things that can go wrong on an older vehicle...

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

hahaa... Good to hear you are back Roll'n... I'm roll'n, but for how long we will see... have had lots of items go astray on mine during the lift and axle swap... lots of items I would of done different... I'm just glad it's downtime was just 5 days for a driveshaft and not 5 months [​IMG]... Glad to hear you have the Blazer going!

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Thanks. Just need to get these little bugs (oil pressure gauge, electrical, pinging) worked out before I take it on the road to the dez in a few weeks. I do have to say, I like the Rancho 9000s on the back. I have them down on 1, beats the 5000s by a mile. Only wished they could handle my type of wheeling, I would keep them.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"