Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MY K5 is friggin killin me!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by avgas, Apr 24, 2004.

1. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

ok , I put in the 205 tcase I bought from trucka4me a few months ago, everything goes fairly smoothly. find out i need to lengthen driveshafts, expected that. but mocking up where the front would go now that the xfre case is a few inches forward, the exhaust will be hitting the driveline. Not only that, but I can't find an exhaust shop near monroe. trying to think of a way to make the necessary mods myself and am coming up with jack $hit. I got all these new parts to put on and I'm running into this BS.

sorry for the rant, I'm Just tired and frustrated, need to get this stuff (new carb, new tcase, hubs, drivelines) this weekend for moses lake next week.

Good news is this will give me a chance to put my shiny new tr-y headers that have been sitting in the box for four months in.

-jake

2. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

there is an exhaust shop in monroe I cant remember the name of it but it in on the east side of town if you turn off the main road (hwy 2) going eastat the chevron it will be doen on your left it is a tire store/exhaust shop I had some stu8ff done there a few years ago.

3. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

Yeah I think you're talking about dicks tire haus, they were too busy on sat. I ended up, (after my buddy shortened my front drive shaft for me) driving in front wheel drive to snohomish with open headers and the dog house off! I had to put ear plugs in or I would have been deaf. Then today my new(rebuilt) qjet gave me all sorts of problems. I got most of it figured it, but it still doesn't always want to return all the way to the idle stop, even with two stiff return springs. Oh well good enough for now /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

So the 205 does work then /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL Cool, glad its working out and the truck is coming together /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

Yeah the 205 seems to work good, a little leaky, I replaced the front output seal before installing it, looks like the gasket on the rear might leak a bit too. the 205 makes a different kind of rumble than the 203. I think that is normal though. I have yet to try RWD I should get my driveline back from lengthening today($190 /w ujoints ouch! the price of steel is getting ridiculous). It will be interesting to see how useful of a feature the twinstick is. I thought as long I had the case out I might as well do the upgrade, fairly inexpensive. Plus it looks kinda cool having twinsticks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Now I'll have to start gathering all the parts for a 14bff, hopefully I'll have one installed by the middle of summer.

-jake

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I am guessing running it front wheel drive only makes a difference in the sounds coming from the t-case, but I dunno /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif And leaky seals, what'd you expect for $150 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif j/k /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif