Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My K5 rear doesn't sag at all...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 2, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should I throw on some 12" wide rims on the rear? :cool1:

2. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

almost looks like you jacked the back up by the frame and stuck 2x4 blocks between the frame and the axle or you took the tank out
    but it looks tight just lift it big and cut the fenders

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Looks like someone swept the mess out from underneath and took a pic 1/2 way through a suspension lift project!!!! :thinking:

If not, I'd say take it to the local dragstrip and run it!!!! Get a big RatFink shifter sticking out of the roof, and be sure you're tongue is hanging out with your eyeballs-a-poppin' for the photos!!!! :D

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

or could donate to a good cause like the; "big_truxx need's a k5 project for a trail rig" fund :waytogo: :D

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

That was it's temporary stage on its way from going from this:

[​IMG]

to this:

[​IMG]

I tried selling it for $800 when I needed money, but no one had any money. So, since no one wanted it all for even $700, I sold the tranny and full-time 203 T-case out of it along with the rims and tires that came with it, and just that paid back what cash I had into it. I'm selling the axles which will actually put me at a profit giving me the Blazer frame, body and motor for free.

Then I bought a rolled '78 K5 with a 4" lift, for $600. I sold the 350 motor out of it for $450 and the column for $65, leaving me with $85 into the axles, tranny and part-time 203, and 4" lift that I swapped into this Black one. I traded to get the rims and tires. So, I have maybe $100 into the Blazer as it sits now. Once I get the money for the axles, the K5 you see there will have cost me nothing except my time and labor to tear it all apart and put it back together again. I guess I'm glad no one bought the whole thing for $700.