Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My kid is in the 200th percentile? WTF??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Aug 21, 2002.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

OK so my wife tells me she needs extra cash out of my truck fund to help buy clothes for my 3 year old. Now dont get me wrong, I love my kids but asking for truck money is pushing your luck /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif . I inquire as to why she needs so much money for clothes, last I checked the clearance rack at wal-mart had some good deals. Since she out grows clothes before we can get the tags off of them. She tells me the doctor said my daughter is in the 200th percentile and is as big as a 6 year old. I ask if she is fat, cause I can count her ribs and I know I cant count my own ribs and I am friggin huge. No, no..not fat just like Andre the Giant I guess? So I guess my kid is going to be 7ft tall and 250 pounds in high school? What have I created /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. MizBeyatch

MizBeyatch Registered Member

Nah, just a future quarterback maybe? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I've got a 5yr old boy that was the same way at age 3. Just keep all her outgrown stuff, they come in handy for the next one!!! As far as the percentile thing, I believe they go by statistics. Based on the statistics, she's in the 200th percentile compared to other kids that fall in the range of what's "average" size for that age. Go figure.

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

The 200th percentile, of Kid's Who Grow at an Astonishing Rate! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my brother was 6'3" and 240lbs at 14 yrs old. now he's 15 and about the same. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

What truck fund? My youngest pup is eating me out of house and home. It is kinda neat though when you go to get your kid and he is about a head taller than all of the rest of the kids in his daycare class. He is 3 and already about to catch his 6 year old sister and fast gaining on his 8 year old sister. If it is anything like me and my dad it is going to scary. My dad 5'8" 120 pounds, me after highschool 6'3" 240. I decline any inquiries as to my weight now. *LOL* It's just a tiny bit more. *LOL*

6. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

they stop eventually

7. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I was 6' 4" when I was 14.
    Then I basically quit growing. I'm 26 and about 6' 5".
    -- Mike

8. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

You are NOT alone...my Sarah won't be 8 until October and is already at 100 lbs. She back-handed her male cousin on the shoulder playing and sailed him across the room! Heehee! Daddy's having a hard time carrying his little sweety up to bed some nights....even though I'm 6"4" and 230#. She's ALL GIRL but still likes to beat the tar outta poor old Dad. Prepare yerself for physical abuse...because being wrapped around the little finger isn't the end of it.