Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My kids are a week old today.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Nov 13, 2006.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Here's my kids, born Monday of last week. My girl was 6 lbs and 3 oz at 18.5" long and my boy was 6 lbs and 15 oz at 20" long. Both kids and Mom are all doing great!

I was in the operating room for the whole thing and took pics along the way and trimmed their cords. They let me carry my boy to the nursery where they cleaned them up and measured 'em and stuff like that.

[​IMG]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Nice...

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Thanks Fumes. These kids are awesome... I haven't been so happy in quite some time.

4. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

My twins girls are 4.5 months old. I know how you feel, It just gets better:laugh: . BTW, give your wife a HUGE hug. When my girls came out they were 4.12oz and 5.3oz. I was in the delivery room and could'nt belive the amount of effort it would be :doah: (duh)! Over six lbs each is a *ucking huge for twins:bow: ! Must have been fun:eek1: . If you need any help just let me know, I might be able to give a few weeks heads up on things.

Good Luck!

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Oh ya, I've given her many hugs and kisses. Ours came out the easy way... c-section. I took off work a while to stay home and help take care of the little ones. These are our first kids, so it takes a bit getting used to... it takes like an hour longer to get ready to go somewhere now :haha:

6. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

We (she) went vaginal for ours, one came out feet first. These were my first and there is a big learning curve. I was home for about a week and wifey was home for months. It's a good thing my mom-in-law lives a few blocks from us, she comes over to help "rotate" us by giving one of us time to be alone for about an hour.

My therory is God meant us to have one kid at a time per two parents. That means with twins you need 4 people:wink1: .

7. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

Congrats...:waytogo:

8. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

congrats man. glad to hear everyone is healthy.

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Congrats. Cute kids.

10. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

CONGRATS MAN!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

After a week I bet you are just starting to know what it is like to have twins. My twins are 6 now and the number one question we got was "So what is it like to have twins?" and we would answer that it was a lot of work, but since we never had just a single baby, we had nothing to compare it to.:eek1: :D

My twins are opposite sex too. Have you been asked if they are identical yet? Yea, some people need to go back to biology and/or sex ed class. We even had a nurse ask us that in front of another nurse. The one nurse just looked at the other in disbelief and they both left the room in a hurry.:haha:

My wife delivered via c-section also, but only after pushing for 3 hours with no progress. My son's big noggin was the hold up.:D My son was 8lbs 2oz and my daughter was 6lbs 9oz. Thems sum big twins!:)

Anyways, glad to hear everyone is doing well....CONGRATS !!:bow: :bow:

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Outstanding, Tony!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: They're absolutely beautiful.

So I guess it's safe to assume that your opinion of children has changed a little bit, eh? :rotfl:

How's mom doing?

12. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Yep, I was asked in the hospital if they were identical, I forgot who asked though. I was caught by suprise and didn't really know what to say.

Them: So, you had twins?
    Me: Yep.
    Them: Boys or girls?
    Me: One of each, a boy and a girl.
    Them: Are they identical?
    Me: No, the boy looks a lot different than the girl.
    Them: Oh...

I don't think they really caught on to what they said :haha:

Them were some REAL BIG twins you had!

The main thing I'm wondering about is how does she get both kids from the house to the car and from the car to the destination when she has to go anywhere by herself? She would have both kids and 1 or 2 diaper bags to carry. She can't leave one in the car while she carries the other one in, then leave him there while she goes out for the other one. We have the seats that come out of the bases, and I can remove and cary both along with a diaper bag in one hand, leaving the other hand to open doors, but there is no way my girl could carry all that with one arm. :confused:

Thanks Paul! :D I think I always liked kids, it's just the Mom that scared me. I'm certain that the girl I have now (the same one for the last 4 years) will make a great Mom and be someone I could live the rest of my life with. :wink1:

13. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

A stroller built for two! Do not get one of those side by side ones. We didn't and were very happy with our decision.

Out non-identical boy and girl twins are now five and just started kindergarten. They constantly amaze us with their vocabulary as it grows as well as motor skills and what not.

Any questions don't hesitate to PM us. We'll be more than happy to lend any advice.

14. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Double stoller is really the only option. Just like justhorsinaround said, get a tandem, not the double wide. The wide one are really hard to push through isles in the grocery or department store. The tandem ones are LONG but much more manageable. Get the kind that the carseats will snap into....that is a HUGE lifesaver.

My wife really didn't go too many places by herself at first. She usually had her mom/sister/friend there to help run errands when I was at work. Take advantage of things like online banking, direct deposit, online bill pay etc etc, to reduce the need for extra excursions. You will quickly learn that "quick" trips to the store are things of the past.:doah: :D

When we found out that we were expecting twins, we sold the sporty Grand Am and bought a minivan with dual sliding doors:doah: . That made loading kids much easier.:D

15. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

We bought a 94 Suburban. Same idea though.

16. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Nice !! My non identical twin girls are 9 years old now. Definatly get a stroller for two. I would not get the double wide one again. Get the limo stroller.

17. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

congrats! whats their names?

18. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

One other thing, hire a nanny. It costs me less per week for her than daycare and they stay home to boot.

We have one big diaper bag so when she has to go out she slings it over her shoulder. Then she goes to one side and takes out one car seat goes around to the other side and sits one seat on the ground at her feet and takes out the other. If the stroller is needed she takes it out first and goes through the same process. The trick is to plan ahead, there are very few times when she is alone.

19. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

We already have the limo-style stroller that lets the car seats snap in the top of it. This thing weighs about 50 pounds though.

Nataliee and Nathan.

We went the Suburban route also. We sold our '96 GMC with a 6" lift and 33's to buy a '96 Suburban. I really like the Burb and it works well for hauling the kids, although I do miss the truck.

Here is a pic of the Sub we bought and the truck we sold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

congrats Pops!