Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My kind of luck.

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by clarkjw24, Mar 14, 2005.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I get up friday at 7:30 am (yes I know but its early for me) I separate a tcase and tranny then load the tranny by myself. Pull the blazer up to the shop and remove the front ubolts. I travel about 40 miles one way to get some new front ubolts made, deliever the tranny and drive back home. Get home and the numnutz at the spring shop didn't pay attention and made the wide hoghead ubolt the wrong width. So I turn around and go back to have another made. I get home to put them on and get a call to meet my old man half way to charlotte another 45 mile one way trip. So I get nothing done Friday. Sat I fartin around waiting on James(79Stomper) to come down to swap some parts and lies. So before he gets there I get the notion to fix my fuel hand. I quickly find the problem, ground wire is broke...at the sender. So I drop the tank and drill and bolt a lug to it. Also drill and pipe a filler vent tube for the tank. Kind of wanted to take him for a ride but I couldn't until I got it back together. Well me and James b.s. awhile and he's got head home to put the motor back in the stomper. So I decide to throw the tank back in and check the fender clearence with the new 42s and trimming. So I get it fired back up and out back to the ramp. Time I start pushing the 42s up the ramp I blow the header gasket. So I pull it back around and change the gasket. After 2 hours and 3 lost header bolts we get it back together. Now its time for a well desirved joy ride. I let my Brother in law drive because I've had a few by now. So we're messing around here and there and keep having to get jumped off? We made a run to the store for some more refreshments and have to get jumped again. Oh well we get back home to the drive way and the truck dies. The battery is drained. Tow it up to the shop and after swaping three alternators figure that they're all bad. I haven't had a charging system the whole time I've swapped to tbi. Thats why its running rich because I haven't had the right volts to the computer and sensors.

My luck sux.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  2. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

when your luck is down, it get only get better:o

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dang man............sometimes it's all uphill! I started painting Sunday and it started raining before I got done with the hood. Warm weathers acoming ya know!