Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my last day at work not planed this way

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sweetk30, Oct 7, 2005.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

:deal: i went to work to day to give my old boss a 2 week notice as it is the good employe thing to do:o . whell he flipped out:yikes: . told me he wouldnt give me my comision pay and that today would be my last day at work for him:angry1: .

well i got kind of mad and was thinking he cant do that as he said a few times to all us employes that IF YOU GIVE ME 2 WEEKS THEN I WILL PAY YOUR COMISION PAY:deal: . so the more i got thinking about it i went to the head boss of the place and he basicly said what he said goes:thinking: .

so for the weekend i am unimployd.:D :pimp: :waytogo: :whistle: :eek: :screwy: :woot: :thumb: :saweet:

as of monday i have a new job with a bunch of realy cool guys that i have worked with in the past and we had fun and got the stuff done and loved it:woot: .

so if you are not happy at your work you can find a better place if you look hard :waytogo: .

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

That sounds about right...Remind me again why I'm not a slave to the grind...?Oh yeah nevermind,I'd go postal and give those brown nosing higher ups a good seal clubbing...:doah: Good luck on your new diggs.:wink1:

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i've got a job interview on wednesday...if i get the job, im worried that my boss will do the same (not let me finish out my two weeks), not because i need the money, but because my truck is apart in the shop.

gotta get it rolling again by thursday.

ryan

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Go collect your earned money!! He most likely can't deny you it by law!

From an employers perspective, sometimes it doesn't pay to let a person work out their two weeks. They're totally unmotivated for those two weeks and generally they can be completely unproductive... I've worked with guys that get like that on their way out.
    On the other hand, he could just be pulling a power trip and trying to screw you like he feels you're screwing him (like he's taking your departure personally).

Either way, if you're entitled to vacation time, make sure you're not terminated til that vacation time is used up or they pay you for it. They're probably hoping you overlook that...

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Do this...

Time to drop a dime to the labor relations board..its likely by law you are entitled to any earned pay,and they can't legally withold it...if they do,the fine for doing so will cost them a lot more than what they owe you..even if you never get it,you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you got them in trouble..people who treat employees that way deserve it..

God..reading posts like this really makes me want to go work for someone else for a living again...NOT!...man,I wish I could use my own garage at home to make a living,but after 10 years of trying,I haven't found that possible..
    I dread going back to a 9-5 job in a retail store..to me its like a paid jail sentence.. :doah: :( I hated putting up with anal bosses,and the general public..
    I felt like a cesspool after awhile,all you do is take everyones sh**.. :mad:

Running any repair shop/salvage type of business is illeagal in a residential area,(town selectman have busted my balls about it in the past)--and everything I've tried building in it as far as furniture,picnic tables,wishing wells,garden sheds,and any similar crap is not profitable enough,and too costly(costs me more to make it than it sells for!)..we have a huge flea market that sells tons of the same stuff from china right down the street,and Lowe's is 1/2 mile away,so is
    Wal-Mart,several other stores too,and every Tom,Dick,and Harry here seem to have the same idea as me..there are only so many people who need a picnic table or similar items...

I thought about cleaning out the garage, and renting it as horse stalls to a wealthy person who has a huge stable nearby,and is turning away customers..but too many hassles with manure disposal, and I dont want to lose my garage anyhow..I might lose it anyway once my mom passes away,and that might be sooner than later..

I also thought about renting it out as storage for hot rods over the winter,but thats illegal too,and you'd need a huge insurance policy even if it was possible..its nearly impossible to make a living working for yourself at home this way anymore..too many laws against it,or you need permits,and neighbors can give you a lot of greif too..

I'm praying I can find a job thats not too physically demanding,like parts delivery or something,and your boss isn't snorting down your neck all day....but there isn't a whole lot of that kind of work available here,and if there is,its a 7-8 buck an hour dead end job with little or no benifits..probably spend your whole paycheck on gas getting to/from work! :mad: ... What a country..
    I didn't envision myself delivering pizza for a living a age 47,and having 200 bucks in my life savings account.. :doah: :( :crazy: :screwy:

If any of you enjoy your job,consider yourself VERY lucky..I've workred at 5 places for 20+ years,and ended up hating every minite of it!--only time I enjoyed working was here at home doing what I liked,and working at the junkyard in decent weather(its a suck job in the rain and during the winter though)..I hope I can find something I can still do,and enjoy doing.. --either that or get on disability soon if my health does not improve :( .

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I've got about 2.5 more years to go before I can quit my current job and then go back to my dream job which is what I was doing before I left it to work at my current job now.

I'm planning to go back and buy up a bunch of houses to fix, remodel and resell for profit.

Problem is, my job now in maintenance at the high school is a government job and that means retirement benefits. Gotta put in 10 years to be vested in the plan. In Kansas, we have what they call KPERS which is Kansas Public Employees Retirement System and supposedly its as good as the 401k plans, if not the same thing. What the school does is match what the percentage of that is taken out of our paychecks. If I left before the 10 years is up, I can cash out or roll the money over to a different account but will lose half of it since the school keeps what they matched.

This past May of '05 marked my 7 years I've been there, so I've got another 2.5 years to go before I can tell the boss to kiss my ass. Boy, I can't wait for that day. :waytogo:

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Definitely talk to your labor board, here in Colorado not only can you not deny earned commisions to someone, but if an employee gives me two weeks and I choose not to exercise it (that is tell him to go ahead and leave now) then I owe him his base income for those two weeks.

You better talk to someone, don't just blow it off, that's your money brother!

8. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

You mayfind some useful info here http://www.laborlawtalk.com/index.php?

thatK30guy
    Back when Regan was in office, most pensions had that 10 year vesting plan. The problem was most employees changed jobs in less than 10 years, and ended up with nothing, and the companies profitted by it. Regan passed a law where you MUST be fully vested in 5 years, so you should be fully vested already, unless they found some kind of loophole for public employees.
    I would look into it a little further. :dunno:

9. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Good Grief....Stop whining and get a job and suffer like the rest of us. :p: :p: :p: :p: :doah: :lol:

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

ABD YOU WEREN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE THERE THAT DAY!