Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My lockright vanished!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jimmyjack, Aug 16, 2002.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I fried my locker so I took it back to Desert Rat where I bought it from less than 6 months ago. They sent it back to PowerTrax to be warranteed. It's gone. Noone knows where it is!!! But I have a slip of paper with a tracking number saying it was shipped. Noone wants to claim responsibility for it. I'm thinking the receipt has Desert Rats name on it so they're responsible. If they'd stand by the product they sell in the first place I wouldn't be without my stuff.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Use that tracking number. If the shipping company lost it, they'll be buying a new one. I personally want a ARB Air Locker, but they don't make them for the 14 bolt FF as far as I know. So it's a Detroit Locker I'll be buying when my funds get right.

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Desert Rat shipped it, it should be their responsibility to find out where it is (with the tracking #), and make it right. You bought from them for a reason...customer service is just that. I hate lazy, no accountability fawkers like this. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

called them back. No clue. I'm going in on monday and getting stuff straightened out.

5. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

don't go empty handed bring all your reciepts and and don't leave without an answer if nessacery call local PD you will get an answer by the time you leave. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

They shipped it, they are responsible. If they didn't insure it then they need to give you a new one or the money back. If they did then they need to file a claim with the shipping company to do like the above. Persue this and don't take no for an answer. Most places blow people off in hopes they'll give up, if you don't lay down in the corner they'll step up...

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

They've been pretty cool sooooooo far. They said give them a few days to investigate. I'm gonna go in monday afternoon and tell them what I expect. They've been in business since I can remember and I've never heard anything bad about them.

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

good luck with it and keep us posted /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

Its good that they've been receptive...if not we can alway go to burnin /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif ....lol...hope your situation works out /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Re: My lockright vanished!!!! UPDATE

THey found it. It was shipped the day after I returned it it to Desert Rat. Powertrax had the mix up on their end. They didn't have info on the warranty tho.