Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My mom's truck has a weird affect on me...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

My mom\'s truck has a weird affect on me...

I would rarely listen to country music while driving... Very few occasions make me willing to do so... At home or when driving through the country, I don't mind, but just going to work or something, it's metal and sometimes rap...

When I drive my mom's truck, though, I seem to listen to a lot of country music... Maybe all the rust gets to my head? Sad thing is, as much as I don't listen to country, I sure do know a lot of the songs that I end up listening to /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[​IMG]

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Re: My mom\'s truck has a weird affect on me...

I don't listen to country music either.

But when I hear Gretchen Wilson sing "Redneck Women" I get a little ... um.....intersted.

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif, that's because it's easier to listen to what she has on the radio than to hear her complain.

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

So many prettier country music singers. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Her radio is so crappy..... The memory function quit working a few months ago, so every time you start the engine, you have to find your station again... Of course, there's not a light on the display either anymore, so it's just a guessing game... I flip through till I hear something good...

But... Hopefully tomorrow, I'll get into this:

[​IMG]

I know I said no more loans for me, but I don't know that I can stand a $1000 carburated truck... especially if it means spending the next month or two driving mom's carburated 2wd truck ***vomit*** /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If you want a loan, why don't you keep the pickup until it's paid off? I can't understand why you want to get deeper into debt like that. I am still paying for it 5-10 years down the road myself because I kept trading off rigs that were not paid off /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

my moms truck makes me wanna drive slow...not that it can't get up and go-she just babies it......and i don't wanna break something by bein a jacka$$ (its a 96 Dodge, and it has a big V-8) ...she has enuff problems with it as it is /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif BTW she has a kick ass stereo in it that isn't tuned properly...tones were all jacked-i did mess those up for her though! (it sounded like I was listening thru a tin can before i set it up)

8. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

the newer country music is very good - i have found my self a new country fan. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif But i still like my rock /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif and this new soft rap now on my rock stations makes me want to puick /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif