Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My moving day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Aug 7, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Ok, sometimes having a pickup truck SUCKS. My wife's friend is 24 years old and up till about a year ago has been living with her dad who lives with her grandma. Grandma decides she wants to move to a retirement community and Dad decides it'd be too much trouble to take care of the yardwork (grandma's job) so he wants to move out. He has nothing of his own so he and his 2 daughters pack up their clothes and personal belongings and move to an apartment. Yeah I know, you've got a nice 3 bedroom house and you want to move to an apartment. Well they get to the apartment and after about 6 months decide to move because their neighbors are noisy. I guess they didn't think about that when they moved in the apt in the first place. Anyway,, I get to go help them move all their new furniture and crap from one UPSTAIRS apt to another UPSTAIRS apt on the other side of the complex tommorrow. Did I mention, they're both UPSTAIRS apts? No elevator and 14' ceilings to boot. This is where having a pickup truck sucks. I'm gonna hafta miss softball practice for someone's ignorance. Ok, that's my raving for this week...ARGH.

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Well, at least they have an idea as to where they'll be going /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you need this bumper sticker.

"Yes this is my truck, NO I won't help you move" /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

thats one reason i dont mind my blazer being broken down all the time, when i first got it i used it more to move furniture than as my daily driver...
    but now that its been broken down for months people stopped asking, i'm secretly going to get it running again and not tell anyone about it...

5. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

my truck has been broke down so long.i cant wait for someone to move,1 week till its running(crossing fingers). /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

what's the holdup on your end? why dont you know where you'll be going?

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If they have a balcony, rope everything big down from the old apt. and up to the new one. It beats carrying down and up stairs!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

at last you dont ahve to move smelly, rat sh!t infested matres at camp in the back of your truck. my truck smelled like crap for weeks. not only did it smell but i went through proably 3 tanks of gas setting up, and taking down camp this summer

9. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I feel your pain. A buddy and I use to do this for a living...or side job. Where do you think I got my "pipes" bicepts from /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif. My old 75' and my buddy's P/U did the moving. Yeah, I hated moving people out or into Apt's.
    Boss

10. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well after helping my sister move several times including 250 miles one way Fate solved me ever doing it again. With all her worldy possestion in my trailer at 70 MPH the trailer got out of shape hopped about 4 feet in the air and when it slammed back to earth busted up damn near everything she owned. Brock the legs on both her dresser and chest of drawers. Cost me 2 weeks of my life rebuilding the trailer. A couple hundred bucks. Took a few years of my life and my moters life off that was along for the ride cause I still don't know how I ever got it back under control and didn't flip the truck.

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

3 twin beds, bedframes and head/footboards, 4 dressers and desks, 1 big chair, 1 hideabed sofa, and 2 hours later and I'm done. We scratched the sofa up a little (soft suede). We had to take it and flip it over the railing. The father didn't even help so I'm not too sorry for him. I was just straining and cussing myself for even being there. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif ..I'm hoping maybe they wont ask us back again. Now back to work as usual.. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

12. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

that sucks dude, know exactly who your talking about too, makes me happy I wasn't in town hehe