Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My mud days are over!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Oct 2, 2000.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

After going through a deep mud bog on the "Why to K5" run this summer, I lost both grease seals, I just fixed the right side now the left side is leaking, granted, after I go to rear disk brakes, this will help, but man that mud gets every where, I still have mud on the inside of the parking lights. I think I will just keep to the rocks. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Naa, next time you are with your buds out on the trail and you come accross another mud hole I bet your gonna say the heck with it and get your rig dirty again!! Besides thats why you spend all the time and energy on your rig, right??
    I know you ain't no trailer queen so imbrase the mud and when ever you find leftover chunks under your rig just think of them as a momento or a remember when type O deal!!
    Rock/Mud ON!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

3. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

4. Eric

Eric Registered Member

That sure did look like fun though!

One eyed super fly- watch out!
    86 K5 Blazer

5. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nah...he wasn't deep enough in it yet...mud needs to be about 4 ft deep so you can get it everywhere...

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

6. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

You gotta admit. It's one hellava great picture.

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

7. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I know EXACTLY how you feel Steve. My mud days are over and have been over for a while now. I just stick to Rocks n sand. Now if I have to go through some mud to get where I'm going then fine, but otherwise I'll just watch others play in the mud.

8. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Amen!! No mud for me...swore it off over 15 years ago...hate spending all day washing and knocking the mud off my undercarriage...I'd rather spend that day running the SAND instead!! Course, sand gets everywhere too!!!

ken

9. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I have to agree with you Steve. I have put way to much energy into building a rig that will survive the rigors of rockcrawling to let mud just eat away all the seals and destroy all that work. It is just a matter of opinion, but no thanks. Ill just watch! HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

10. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Mud? Whats that? We had rain here in Dallas about a week ago for the first time in like 90 days and it didn't make any mud, actually it didn't really get rid of the huge cracks in the ground.

90K5

11. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yep strongly agree, my mud days have come and gone. Sure it looks cool, but the clean up just sucks! I dont mind watch'n especially the big big boys with their 15" lift and 44's. I'll take 15 hours of rock crawlin over 15mins of mud anyday of the week.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing</font color=blue>[​IMG]

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Gotta agree with ya too, Steve. Used to run the mud when I had my 72 (6" lift and 38" mudders) and it was fun..........except when cleanup time came. Tried it in the driveway (major mistake), then the car wash. Guy that owned it actually kicked me out and told me to never come back after he saw the mess I left.

Nowadays, I would go through a mud hole if it were in the way of a trail........but to bog one 3' deep, no way. Plus with my All Terrains I'd be stuck for sure..........

Give me the sand any day.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

13. CK5

Mud is like a virus, it gets in evry crack, I pulled the tank a few weeks ago when I did the shackle flip, and I had mud on top of the gas tank as well as the floor above. What a mess

[​IMG]

14. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Steve,
    You now know why I went to the car wash after that bout of stupidity!

Steve Frisbie
    85 m1009

15. CK5

I guess we had to do it once though. [​IMG] Did you get all the mud off yet?

[​IMG]

16. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

My disc brakes made my seals leak worse. I had to buy "speedy-sleeves" to fix the old seal surfaces-no leaks -but I have avoided very deep mud

17. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

im not going to forget my last trip in the mud.
    i thought id drive around town for a few days sporting the mud look. when i finally washed the k5, i could still see the mud spots. then i buffed and waxed her,(4 hours later) thought that took care of it. no.
    if you look at just the right angle you can see the spots where the mud was on the paint. oh well. it goes with the scratches and dents.
    i dont have much choice of terrain here in florida, but i know if i did have a choice i would still play in the mud once in awhile.
    you just have to.
    MTPockets.

18. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

You guys must be joking. Dont misunderstand me i think trailriding and rockcrawling are cool. Plus I love going to the beach and running the dunes but mud is where its at. There are only a few things in life that can give you a rush like dumping your front end down in the muck up to your headlights and watching that beast eat its way out. There arent but so many trails here in VA. We love the mud here. If the hole aint deep and wet we aint hittin' it! That is the Absolute 4x4 motto. Something i stand by. One day you will miss the mud. I still have respect for you rockcrawlers because you do some pretty radical stuff.

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

19. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

What is up with this no mud?!Mud does get everywhere but this why we build a 4x4!I bust snow and fling the mud in the spring then hit the trails in the summer and in winter it mostly sits except to break it out during the snow storms.You need a little mud in your life!!!!Brady

'73Beautiful Disaster

20. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Holy S***, Steve! You definitely have yourself a set of Rocky Mt. Oysters for going thru that "puddle"! That hole looks like it would test even the best combo of mudders, lift, etc!

You can't beat going Topless!