Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My neighbor is a dork...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Jan 31, 2003.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

My neighbor is bugging me big time. My lawn mower died a month ago. Not a big deal since the lawn hasn't been growing because of the cold. I went and bought another one because to fix it would have been more then half the cost of a new one and it's like 12 years old anyhow. Well I get the sucker out and ready, go to start it and the pull cord pulls out in my hand. I return it to the store and they don't have anymore in stock. They are a small little ma nd pop place so they can't exactly call another location. So I wait until this week and they just give me a little better one since the one I got was discontinued er something. So anyhow my lawn started growing in the mean time like a week ago. It looks shaggy and kinda bad. I fully admit it needed a mow... so wtf my neighbor this morning is out there mowing it! He complained it looked bad yesterday. I said this Saturday when I have time because I work when it's daylight during the week I will mow it and clean up my yard. I myself don't enjoy being a mess. But no he doesn't hear that he mows it. What a schmuck! Makes me mad... but maybe he'll trim the scrubs and save me the trouble... what should I expect from anyone who is outside anytime a leaf falls on his lawn, mows twice a week, has pink flamingos, and works as an interior designer! Anyone else have a neighbor like this?

2. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

Are you sure he wasn't trying to help you out??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

He might of felt sorry for you...

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

No. He mows everyones yard he feels is too long... another neighbor had a tree removed and laid in the gutter until he could chop it into fire wood when he could (like a week later). This guy went over and did so and stacked it up with a note saying something like it was an eye sore to leave it setting there. He has issues... last year I had a motion light installed and he complained it was too bright... uh it's a light, it's supposed to be bright....

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

My neighbors complained about me parking my truck on my lawn (when I was moving), so I parked it on theirs. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

Better to have a dork as a neighbor that is at least helps.....I have had some CRAZY neighbors. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif haha thats funny. at least he did it for you and saved you some time.

jacob

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Maybe you should leave your laundry out next time.../forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    or mention how you just can't find the time to paint the house...

Rene

8. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    so wtf my neighbor this morning is out there mowing it

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have grabbed yourself a Coke and sat down on your porch to watch him. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

take the front dif out and tell him that it needs a dana 60 in there /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Anyone else have a neighbor like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Untill two years ago I had ablsolutely NO neighbors. Now I have almost 3000 of them. They have all signed a petition that our 68 acres are an eyesore and a nuisance. Of course our property used to be nice and clean but now that all these a$$ holes have moved in, people are dumping garbage all around us and at both ends of the property. We can't even keep up with it. And the cops do nothing about it.

Ya I got neighbors like that. 3000 of them... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

thats awesome

12. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

My neighbor is a dork...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh-uhh, I don't live anywhere near you.

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My neighbor, mows his lawn 3 times in a row, as in right after he mows it he starts over and after he's done it twice, he goes over it again, all on the same setting.This guy is a trip, me and the other neighbor hang out drink beers and stuff and we tried to be friends with him when he first moved in and we thought everything was cool til one day he just stopped talking to us, the dude is the biggest trip.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

You should really screw with the guy and put a clothes line on your front lawn. Maybe even tie up a goat and plant some corn really screw with the guy. Now if it was Me and someone came over and started mowing my lawn well that SOB would be having a mower stuck up his arse and be taught a lesson on how to mind his own buisness. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i mow my neighbors lawn from time to time. they dont have a mower. i live in a brand new lower cost housing development. they will get one some day, till then i am willing to help them out.
    when they borrow it to do it thier selves they mow mine as well.

has pink flamingos

[/ QUOTE ]
    those are called shooting targets..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

im sure he was doing it for 2 reasons. one to help you out and one cus he sounds like a neat freak.
    grant

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

sell the new lawn mower and never worry about the yard again. problem solved, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

17. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Send him out here. He can help my neighbor to the north of me. She will mow a little of my front yard. Not all of it. One time she left a 4'x4' square in the middle unmowed. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif She will weed along the house for me. Just an older lady with not much to do other than yardwork. The only bad part is she will mow at 10pm in the dark with a push mower. Must have bat vision. I thought about buying her a miner's helmet, but I'm afraid she would keep the kids up.

18. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

One of my neighbors who has been living there probably 2 or so years has allready re sodded(sp?) his yard 3 times. He washes his driveway and the whole street infront of his house off at least 4 times a day. He washes his house off probably 3 times a week. He probably does have the cleanest vehicles around though. They get washed 2 a week and dried with a leaf blower and paint brush.

19. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

hey watch how you throw that word schmuck around /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well I get the sucker out and ready, go to start it and the pull cord pulls out in my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Did you try to just reattach the cord?