Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my new 1911

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Oct 30, 2006.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

this is the good thing about working 2 jobs, i can afford awsome toys(this not being a toy, but you get the point):D
    [​IMG]
    It had 100 rounds through it, and came with 4 mags, got it for 600:smokin:

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Springfield MilSpec?? or Loaded?

Nice TOY you bastige. ( I'm not a schemantics nazi like some, for a grown man that is indeed a toy, you can kill someone or yourself with a K5 too but you don't get jumped for calling that a toy do you?)

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[SIZE=-1]Parkerized [SIZE=-2]PX9109L [SIZE=-1](Image)[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Caliber:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1].45 ACP[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Capacity:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]7+1[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Barrel:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]5", 1:16 LH[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Sights:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Fixed Combat[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Sight Radius:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]6.75"[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Size:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]38 ozs., 8.5" overall length[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Trigger Pull:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]5 to 6 lbs.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Magazines:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]2[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]MSRP:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]$904[/SIZE]this is the listing from thier site, it is under full size

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Nice. That's a "Loaded" as they call it, already has most of the goodies (beavertail, good sights, oversize safety etc).

Making me jealous, I have to stash away the $$$ for those type of things.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i dig it, ill post up group shots soon

6. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Cool. Ive got a loaded model full size.

Now time to get rid of the MIM parts in it. ;)

Ive got a boat load of Wilson Combat parts in my to replace the MIM parts that came with it.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

thats a sexy 1911 ya gotz there. Wish I had the kind of spare $$$$ laying around to afford a toy like that! I afford myself one carry gun... thats pretty much it for me until I strike it rich. ;)

definitely post some groups pix. I'll post some of my H&K USP's to start a friendly game of on-line shooting trash talk. :grin: :thumb:

j

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

MIM parts?
    total 1911 newb here, just lusted after one for a while now, couldent pass this deal up

9. sgarrison

sgarrison 1/2 ton status

Very sweet!!!:waytogo:

10. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I've had a Mil Spec for almost 7 years now. It shoots fist sized groups at 30 feet, off-hand. Shot probably 10K rounds through it. I think I need new mags for it, cause after 2-300 rounds, it has a failure to feed every once in a while. I gave $389 for mine back then. I have been thinking about upgrading to a better barrel.
    Mine has printed low and left from day one, so insted of mucking with the sights, I just aim high and right.:D

11. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Good lookin' pistol Dale, when you want me to show you how to shoot it?:D

John

12. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I bought one of the parkerized SA's when they first came out. Now has greeps I made from Corian counter top material, 3 dot's, beaver tail, non -A1 1911 hammer (b/c I could), and a few other tricks & gadgets. Did a trigger job on it, got it down to about 3.5 lbs. Then I sent most of the parts out to be Nickle-Teflon coated. Came back and the pull is now a consistent and safe 2.75 lbs. Which I think is way, way too light for the defense gun it was intended to be.

13. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

MIM (metal injection molded), its probably something you may not have to deal with . but alot of the parts Minus frame and slide are made from MIM, its basically a poured CAST forging. The problem arises when/if there is air pockets in the metal when they pour it into the moldings. obviously with air pockets your parts are now hollow, making them weaker. I personally have never seen any MIM parts fail nor do I know anyone that has. But Im the fix it b4 it breaks type of guy. So I replaced a few of the parts on my 1911. This isnt for everyone, alot of the parts need to be handfitted (filed). If you dont have any issues and nothing breaks, I wouldnt mess with it if I was you. If you shoot the crap out of it alot than maybe look at some of the Wilson parts. Its no biggie really. :D

14. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Ha! I thought MIM was "made in Mexico":haha:

Nice peestol, by the way, Dale. I've got a Colt Combat Commander, which I love.

15. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

thanks man, cant wait to shoot it

16. Wishbone

Wishbone 1/2 ton status

Nice pick up dude! You can throw that XD in the trash now.:D Love the Springers. Call me if you want me to come over and show you how to detail strip that thing(slide & frame).

17. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

figured out the slide last night, lotts different than the XD for sure. but the farme would be nice, but i guess it dosent really need it, its brand new, it was bullboy's
    but if you have any hop up tricks for it, and can show me how to adjust the trigger that would be cool
    i really want to go shooting this weekend, you down?

18. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I take it that the trigger has the adjustable over-travel stop screw?

Easy thing to adjust:
    1) Remove Mag & Clear Weapon
    2) Confirm Clear
    3) Close slide on Snap Cap if available
    4) Screw the adjuster several turns in
    5) Point in safe direction, lightly clamp in soft jaws if available
    6) Cock Hammer
    7) Attempt to Dry-fire. If you turned the screw in far enough it won't fire.
    8) While maintaining tension on the trigger, s-l-o-w-l-y turn the adjuster screw out until it 'fires'. Go 2 to 3 hex flats further out.
    9) If anal-retentive add a drop or two of Lock-tite 290 (Wicking Grade) to the screw's threads, but know that it already has some self-locking stuff in place.

19. Wishbone

Wishbone 1/2 ton status

The overtravel screw doesn't have anything to do with the trigger pull. Best way is to replace the mainspring with a lighter one, easy to do. Check out Wilson Combats website under 1911 parts. That is where I buy most of my stuff.

I can't shoot this weekend man. I'm in St. Louis right now and won't be home until Sunday.

20. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice gun. I loved my .45. I had a Gold Cup which wore just about everything out of the Wilson Combat catalogue. What an awesome pin gun!