Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new 72 k5

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 67lemanster, Dec 7, 2005.

1. 67lemanster

67lemanster Registered Member

well been reluctant to post pics and info. but i have been in trouble before. LOL. anyway was hunting with a buddy at his ranch and noticed the k5 over in the bone pile. had not run in a year. made the deal and for 800 bones towed her back to dallas. she started right up after i charged the battery. in the pics it has 2" lift 33" tires, huge ramsey winch(btw what type oil would the winch take?), i have already cut the brush guard off the front and am working to fab something a little more modern up. i have upgraded to a 4" tuff county. black soft 8 wheels. recammed the 350 and threw on a eddy 600 carb and performer intake i had sitting around. headman headers and jegs turbos. i am currently reworking the dash with 2 5/8 gauges and leaving the factory speedo and gas. turned the a/c panel into a light switch panel and just sprucing it up. only rust i have found is right front fender, rockers, but the boxes seem sound and some minor floor. nothing too bad. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] will post some other pics when the dash is istalled. only have about 125. with gauges and a summit tack in the factory location. i know it has been done many times here but mabye i did it a little different. i just joined so i have not been able to look at pics until last week. LOL

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Where are all these $800.00 diamond in the roughs coming from?

NICE FIND!!!!

Is that a real half top or just a cut full top?

Looking forward to MORE pic's.

3. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Dang! That is a heck of a deal! Congrats. Good to see another K5 resurected.

4. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That is a sweet deal, it would be worth the doghouse for a few weeks if I could find one like that. As for the winch oil, send it to me and ill make sure its ok:wink1:

5. ecameron87

ecameron87 1/2 ton status

Good find. Lets see some more picks of the cut top! I am wondering how it bolts to the bed rail?

6. 67lemanster

67lemanster Registered Member

thats all there is of the top, bought it that way. LOL. i have ordered a fastrack softtop. i believe from a vendor here. in my lurking days. gotta figure out what to do with it. if anybody is in dallas and needs something like this email me.

am waiting on a speedo to get the dash in. when i have it done i will post pics.

on another note does ck5 host there own pics. apparently my webshots account has been closed. grrrrrr.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I really really really miss my 72 K5. How I wish I would have bever sold that one.

8. cleanK5

cleanK5 Registered Member

mint, love the top!

9. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

Dude, nice truck. Hope you get the electricals sorted out quick. But you ditched the 2" lift? I want one cheep!!! Let's make a deal!

10. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Where are you at in Dallas?? I could help you if you need it.