Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new air filter set up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fireplug, May 9, 2006.

1. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Well it is a little bling, but it ended up being cheap from a shop I deal with. It's still temp until I get an enclosed filter and run it to the front for a real cold air intake. I should grabbed a pic of the air filter that the PO had! I thought it was only the pre filter, hahah nope just filthy, and oily :doah:

New Crop 018.jpg

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Where did you find the Carb adapter?

3. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Carb adapter? Do you mean the spacer? Basic plastic piece available everywhere, needed it to clear the linkage and stuff.

If you mean the uh 'airbox' I got it from a buddy at a performance shop, I'm not even sure what make it was, they weren't selling them anymore so I got it for next to nothing. Fibreglass construction. But check out either Vibrant or Volant I just saw an add from one of them with a real slick aluminum version with single or dual inlets.

4. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

Nice idea. I did some thing similar but I did more of a Ram air style. I took the stock GM enclosed air box the one every one flips the lip over for more power:crazy: and there are punch outs in the raditor suport. I punched them out and ran some black tubing to them. I comes out right infront of the grill. I had to relocate my coolent over flow can but Its worth it. You dont realy notice it much in town but you get on the highway and you can just be crusing and punch it and it just wants to take off:eek1: . It was never like that before soo i think i did some good

5. icedragon

icedragon Registered Member

fireplug cool setup

not to hijack how bout some pics?

rich

6. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Yeah I plan on finishing it in much the same manner! Glad to hear it worked out.

7. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I found the add I was talking about, spectreperformance.com but they don't show the single and dual inlet plenums that I saw in the add. The also have an aluminum dual inlet air box.

Last edited: May 13, 2006