Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new daily driver

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/29931399LibsAuesNt>89 Silverado</a>

<font color=blue>I was at the gas station across the street from my house yesterday getting gas in my Tracer wagon and I spotted a clean K5 for sale on the lot, so I went over and looked at it. It has diamond plate welded in the floor step where they all rot, original rust-free tailpan and rear floor, and no major rust anywhere. I called the guy and drove it around today. I went to my dads shop and put it up on the lift, me and one of the mechanics looked it over and there was no leaks anywhere. Since I'm a regular customer of the station, the owner gave me a screaming deal, so I jumped on it. It's got a 350 TBI, new 700R4, 3.42s, good brakes, quad shocks, new floors (looks very profesionaly done), new paint, new undercoat, power everything, cruise, cold R-12 a/c, tilt steering, tinted sliding rear windows and 31" BFG AT's. Everything works, and the interior is like brand new. The seats arent sagging, the carpet doesnt have any holes or rips, theres no dirt anywhere, the headlinder doesnt sag and the dash isnt even cracked. I'll add more pics to the album tomorow when it's light out.

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Looks real nice ! Good price, huh ?

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Back when I drove my 71 daily, I was practicly paying this guys utility bills [​IMG] so he helped me out a little! [​IMG]

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> That's the way it should work ........my last tattoo was done for nothing because of the help I gave the guy keeping his business afloat during the early stages. It's good to see others work that way too. Enjoy the new wheels !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

5. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

HA HA HA !! i give him 3 years if that and it'll be up and fat and muddy and torn rug's ,,lol.
    He already has plans to take it out and see what it'll do this weekend [​IMG]
    although when he comes home it will be spotless so the mrs. gray don't kick his arse !! [​IMG]

<font color=purple>ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]</font color=green>

6. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

hmmmm......

3" and 33's, i can see it now........

-matt
    <font color=purple> "Stuff's only good for 2 things, degreasing engines and killing brain cells"</font color=purple>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</a>