Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new hi-lift jack... and poor crew cab :(

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So today, I was about to take a table to my psycho coworkers house, when she calls and asks if I can pick her up at the salvation army... I guess she had her sister take her there and was going to walk the 5 miles home, but it started raining... So I went to pick her up, and she tells me about this really awesome jack she saw for $20... I go look at it, a pretty nice hi-lift... Look in my wallet, and see I only have a $20 bill... So my crazy coworker informs me that you can "wheel and deal" with the Salvation Army... I had no clue... ended up talking the guy at the desk down to $10 for the hi-lift /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Now I just need a safari basket to mount it on /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Then on my way to see my mom at work, I saw the aftermath of an accident on I-80 and College Drive... Looked like the semi was turning left, and either hit the 80's Chevy crew cab, or the Chevy decided to run the light... Either way, the semi had a couple scratches, and the front end of the Chevy was torn to hell and back, the truck was turned at 90 degrees from the direction of travel... Everyone seemed to be okay, so I didn't stop... Sad though. If they didn't like their Chevy, I would've taken it... Hard to find a 4x4 crew cab around here, especially in as good shape as that one used to be in /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

You shoulda gotten contact info from the people with the crew cab. If they total it, they probably wouldn't want to buy it back, but you could go through them and get it for cheap.