Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My New Jimmy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by getitup, May 13, 2003.

1. getitup

getitup Registered Member

Hello everyone. I am new here and I also just purchased my first off-road toy. A 1975 GMC Jimmy. I just have a few questions. First off the top is in pretty bad shape and i was wondering if there is a company that makes a half top for this year to make it look like a pickup cab with a really short bed? If I cant get a half top what problems would I have putting a regular pickup cab on that frame with some sort or short bed or flat bed? I have seen the soft tops and I am still not sure if I like them or not so I am looking at other options. Thanks for the help /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Take the top off and drive it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    http://www.coloradok5.com/stcreview.shtml

US body source (links post at top of page) probably has a fiberglass half shell. They were made but not common. Finding a used one may take a long while.

Welcome to CK5

3. getitup

getitup Registered Member

Yeah I have a feeling I will like riding around with the top off and that is why I would like to find some one who makes a half top. Thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

Why do you want to change to a truck? I love the K5's. I wish mine would have been a K5 instead of a K10. I dunno why, but /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif just seems better than /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif.

5. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I dunno why, but /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif just seems better than /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Cuz it is. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif