Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new JL's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bigblazer433, Mar 17, 2005.

1. bigblazer433

bigblazer433 Registered Member

I just got two new 12" JL W3v2's and I love them. They are runnin off a 500/1 jl amp. The box was specially made for these subs and it was pretty tricky getting those ports exactly right. (oh who am i kidding i just wanna show off my new toys)

[​IMG]

2. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

Awesome! Jl kicks ass. How does it sound?

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

That's awesome! I have owned quite a bit of JL in the past, and was pleased with all of it.

4. flatline

flatline 1/2 ton status

Looks nice, you might want to purchase some grilles/protectors for your subs though as they are facing the rear.

I bought some that were made Polk/Momo and scuffed and painted them black ( they come in silver ) it looks awesome and keeps stuff from poking at your subs.

Nice combo you purchased, I love the 500/1 monoblock, when I buy a new sub/amp set up I am purchasing a W6 - 500/1 CAN'T WAIT EITHER

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Once you get about 40 hours of runtime on those, I'd be interested to hear your opinions on how they sound......

Every system I've done always sounds a little weird for the first few hours as the speakers break-in, it's always amazing that I can actually "hear" the speakers becoming more relaxed over time, and to hear the bass get deeper and more full-sounding..... by about 40 hours or so you've pretty much got the sound you're gonna have forever.

It's a nice looking setup. Keep us updated!

:thumb:

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Slot ports are getting more and more poppular.

7. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

The past always seems to come back. About 15 years ago all we used was wood ports. They are cheap and easy to build cuz you always have the scraps left over from your cuts. They were also popular when building the all mighty labrinth boxes which were trial and error to get the tuning right. JLs are always a good choice. I think I still have some 1st gen JLs from about 14 years ago in the garage somwhere. Grilles would definitely be a must before you port the speakers instead of the box.

8. bigblazer433

bigblazer433 Registered Member

were could i get some grilles, cause I would hate to puncture one of those subs. I am very pleased with this system. My best friend works at a local audio shop here and he got me an excelent deal on this eqipment. Under 450$ for the 500/1,the 2 twelves and the box. Evrything was brand new still in the box (2004 model stuf.) And everything is professionaly installed, no wires showing anywere.

9. joefl

joefl 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

My 10w6's the new series

10. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

the shop should have some gaurds for them, that sounds like a good deal for all that, looks great too!