Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my new job

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Nov 15, 2005.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

so ive been working at my new job for the past week and two days. and other than the fact that i get paid once a month, i love it. ive learned how to run the engines on the dyno, am setting up a new engine to run on the dyno, and learning alot in general. everyone is very nice and helpful. ive never worked anywhere that everyone worked as a team. at times i feel like im in a little over my head, but i am getting past that as i learn where everything is and how everything works. half of the people who work there speak english as a second language.

we've got a machinist and most everything to make just about anything that we could ever need. a mig welder, a tig welder, mill, lathe, drill press, etc etc. and basically an unlimited budget when it comes to getting anything that i may need. we dont just order a replacement part, we order a replacement part and two spares.

ive got about two hundred things to do, which include, running the two engine dynos, setting up a new v8 to run on the dynos, and log everything that i do to those engines, and two test trucks to maintain/service/troubleshoot. not to mention learn how to operate and repair at least 10 different test benches where we test injectors/pumps/ecus.

oh and i love the fact that i get my 40 hours a week plus overtime. no more struggling to bring home a decent paycheck every week.

ryan

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Congrats on the job :)

3. spydermonkey454

spydermonkey454 Registered Member

GOOD FOR YOU

I'M STILL STRUGGLING TO MAKE MINE :haha:

4. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Congrats man. Sounds like you got a good one.

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

:waytogo: that has got to feel good.