Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new K20!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mogulmasher, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mogulmasher

mogulmasher Registered Member

Haven't ponied up the money to be a full member yet (will be very soon now though!!!), so here's a link to another forum with a few bad pics of my truck (taken at night)

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=227458

Been lurking in here for months now hoping to get a K5, but kinda feel into this truck and couldn't pass it up! I had posted back in the fall about selling my '71 Nova and getting a truck.....well as many of you advised I kept the Nova and was still able to get this rig! Will be nice to split duty between the two of them come warmer weather, I always dreamed of having a classic chevy truck again in addition to my car.

2. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

Would love to see but i dont want to become a nother member to another forum

3. mogulmasher

Oh crap, sorry guys. That site is under new ownership....before nonmembers could see everything, just couldn't post anywhere. Administrator is welcome to close this useless thread, I'll join here soon and post up some pics for you guys!!!

4. bigblazer87

bigblazer87 1/2 ton status

You don't have to be a member to post pics; you could just upload them to photobucket and then paste the IMG code here for everyone to see.

5. mogulmasher

Okay here we go, I'll try it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll be damned it worked...thanks for the tip man!

6. mogulmasher

Missed one pic.

[​IMG]

7. bigblazer87

Looks good. Nice and shiny. :D The chrome is in really good condition, along with the paint. Got any specs on this bad boy? And how much cash did you end up ponying up for it?

8. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

thats a clean looken K20! :waytogo:

9. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Woo hoo 3 pedals! I like it man!

10. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

11. mogulmasher

Had a full frame off resto. Poor guy traded it in on a Audi at a local used car lot, so I have not spoken with the guy that built it. The day I saw it was the first day they put it out on the lot. I'm told its an original grey from '77 done in bc/cc, entire underside has been painted (looks like it was sprayed with POR-15), bed/interior/inner fenders have all been rhino lined, relatively fresh 4-bolt 350, SM465, NP205, 14bFF, 10b front, 4" lift (blocks in rear), and 33" tsl radials. Everything has been replaced, new bumpers/trim, all the glass, all frontend components, wiper motor, master cylinder, steering box, gas tank/sending unit, etc.

Truck goes great, but not sure it was driven much after being completed cause needs some carb/timing adjustment. She rips at higher rpms, but still needs bugs worked out of idle. Its got a new MSD HEI distributor and a Holley truck avenger 670 carb. I've always run Edelbrock afbs on my trucks and have one on my Nova, so I'm kinda new at Holley tuning. Also gas gauge does not work, it never had a stereo installed after resto, and it has an oil leak out front of pan...thinking they might have used the thin front gasket instead of the thick one it should have front on the bottom of timing cover.

I paid $6200 for the truck and got an appraisal for $7500. Matter of fact the first night I saw it the dealer's son was showing me truck and quoted me $6200, the next day when I went back to purchase truck his dad said he was actually asking $7500 for the truck, so I was getting a deal. Really is a great deal for here in New England...trucks in this shape are very rarely seen.

12. bigblazer87

That's quite a deal for a full frame off resto truck! Lucky dog!

13. mogulmasher

Defintely, he did a real good job too. I've asked dealer to contact the guy who built to see if its okay for me to contact him. I'd like a little more history behind this rig.

Like I said before you just don't find them like this in New England very often.

14. mogulmasher

Here's some pics I took in the daylight today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. barneybasher1010

barneybasher1010 1/2 ton status

SWEET truck:bow:

16. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

might let some air out of the tires. Looking at the wet tire print looks like you are riding on the centers only

17. mogulmasher

Good call on that! Probably partially explains why I'm nearly bounced through the roof on even the smallest bumps!!!

18. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah get it to where it contacts the ground evenly. Looks like stock narrow rims so will prob run less air than normal. The best way to figure is look on the sidewall. Will say like 50psi @ 3000 lbs or something like that. figure out how much weight is on each tire (weigh truck front axle and rear axle individual then divide that by 2 for each tire, your front will generally run more air than your rear tires because of the extra weight). take that weight of how much is on that tire and divide by the the 50 psi or whatever your tire said by the weight and it will give you the exact psi per tire. I sure hope that makes sense

19. mogulmasher

Sure does! Thanks.