Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My New Michelins!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willyswanter, Nov 18, 2003.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope my front and rear 10 bolts can handle it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I would be more worried about the sheet metal. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif What kind of wheels are you going with? I'm sure you have seen the StazWorks double beadlocks, those would look sweet with those tires. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. willyswanter

Yep, going to run Johns rims, thats who I bought the tires from. He is way behind on 20's right now so it will be a while before I get rims from him. Yeah, the sawzall and plasma cutter are going to have a field day on my truck /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif . The bed is coming off so that doesn't matter but I'm going to have to move the front axle forward at least 3" or so and re-do the front bumper since it won't clear. Then cut most of body off... Then... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

how big are those? 48s? the 10 bolts will be fine, hope you have a gov lock for traction /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Just tube the entire truck except for the cab, hell just do the whole truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. willyswanter

44.5". When I bought them I was told they were 41" but after they shipped I found out they were a 44.5 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif . I should have just gone ahead and got 46's which I would have if I knew I was going that big but oh well these are /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

7. willyswanter

But I've already got a buggy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

This is my tow rig /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I'm going to tube the back but I'm undecided on the front. The tubing part isn't bad it's just how close the axle is to the cab in these years of trucks, it's about 4-5" closer stock than your guys trucks. So even with 39.50's I was hitting the firewall with the tires at full lock, can't wait to get these on /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the club! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Those are some Big bassads!

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

damn!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

blinga-ling-ling.... two dolla sucky sucky! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif (somebody help me /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

11. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

So those are 1200x20s? Didn't know there was such a thing... Or just worn 1400x20s with a typical exageration of initial size?

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

kick azz!!! PLEASE post more specs... like what type of michelin (XL? XML?), what the official size is, what the actual size is (height ya got, what about a good accurate width?), how much they weigh per tire etc. How thick are the sidewalls?

j

13. willyswanter

They are 12.00R20 XML's and are exactly 44.375" tall, so I guess I exaggerated teh 44.5" measurement /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif . The width is about 13" un-mounted and are recomended for an 8-9" rim which I may go with a 9" because I would like to run 46's in the future and they like a 10" rim. The bead is about 1.5" thick and the sidewalls are about the same /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

14. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Looks good and sounds like you found some rare tires there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm also getting some of Johns rims I can't wait /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This is my tow rig /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

must be nice when your tow rig can out wheel most peoples primary rigs /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    The bead is about 1.5" thick and the sidewalls are about the same /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

holy chit!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif bomb proof sidewalls. holy schnikies thats beefy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

oh, throw one on your bathroom scale, I wanna know how much them suckers weigh!!!

j

17. willyswanter

There supposed to deflect small arms fire /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Well, I think I broke my snazzy UPS scale for shipping but it clocked in at 185.5 pounds /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

18. jekbrown

wowzers!!! they are heavy, but they're also the ultimate in beef. Them sidewalls make SX's look patheticly weak. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

19. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

How did the price compare on those versus 46's? I plan on running 46's on my 406 axles but they are not very common. Did he have many of the 12.00-20"s?

20. willyswanter

He had 6 total of the 12r20's. I don't think he had any 46's and I did not ask on the price.