Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new Pics of my Jimmy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DaveCowley, Jan 13, 2003.

1. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

Well guys it has been awhile since I have uploaded pics of my Jimmy to the site and so I just wanted to get some feedback and maybe some suggestions on where to go from here since she was clean for the first time in like 4 months. I'll start with a list of mods to this point.

1. 4" lift, TCI springs, ORD 4" flip, flipped overloads
    2. ORD greasable front main bushing and shackles
    3. Early 90's Ford Ranger Rear shock mounts w/ 5112s
    4. D60 w/ Power Lock, 14bff w/Detroit, 4.56s F/R
    5. Custom Lined inside and out (Like LineX but better)
    6. 35-15.5 TSL SX's on 16.5s (For Sale or Trade for 38s on 15s or 16s)
    7. Bumpers and armor (I know, you can tell they are homemade)
    8. Brand New TBI350 and 700R4, rebuilt 208
    9. Stereo, Seats and some other odds and ends (Cosmetics aren't important)

Mods planned in the near future:
    1. 9012s or longer in front w/ F250 Towers
    2. Crossover and Hydro Assist
    3. 38-12.5-15s
    4. Fix all the dents in the outside, and re-line it
    5. Lock the front up with something positive instead of the LSD
    6. I burned my fuel pump and ruined the sending unit so I am looking at doing a fuel cell

I guess what I want to know from you all is where to go from here. I have these six things in mind but no order to em or nothing after and you never want to see the end of the tunnel with a project like this.

Here are the pics
    http://coloradok5.com/photos/showgallery.php?thumb=1&stype=2&si=DaveCowley&cat=500&perpage=12&sort=1&ppuser=4476

Dave Cowley

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

what's that about the rear ford ranger mounts??? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. DaveCowley

If you look at the pictures, two of them are of the Ford Ranger shock mounts that I used in the rear to mount the shocks inside the frame rails instead of outside. It let my suspension travel a lot further because the shocks were inside the frame rail. I did notice a little bit more body roll when I did this but that could also be because I flipped my overloads at the same time. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you what the part# is because I removed them from an old frame we had sitting behind our shop. It was 100 times less work than building a crossmember and all that, it did the same thing so I think it was a good mod. They came off of an early nineties ford ranger probably like a 93 or 94. I suspect that a wrecking yard would let you get these pretty cheap the only thing is that they are riveted on with 3 rivets each so they would need to be drilled to get them off. Just by installing those and flipping the overloads my RTI increased by over 100. It was unnecessary to flip the overloads before because I both bottomed and topped my shocks when it was flexed up. Now I have about 1/2 inch before bottoming and about 2 inches before topping them when fully flexed.

Dave Cowley

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nice Work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Looks like you made it up dump bump, That thing is way more impressive in real life, one of the other shots on rusty nail looks like right before double whammy ,did you do that too or do I have my trails confused...Either way.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

nice, very nice, and don't kid yourself (no. 7) they look real good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I like the side protection. Gives you that piece of mind. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

That is a damn nice blazer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI like it!

10. DaveCowley

I didn't get to try double whammy because we were running late that day on rusty nail during Blazer Bash but I hope to do Golden Spike during EJS this year. And ya I can make dump bump everytime even with my top on but I removed a lot of weight to make it do that, I have also done Pritchett, Lower Hell, Moab Rim, the only time I had to take the winch cable was for the damn rock pile. They shouldn't call it the rock pile they should call it the BFL (Big Freaking Ledge) and that is the G rated version. I also got up the escalator on Hell's revenge and I made rocker knocker too but am yet to try Hell's Gate or Mickey's Hot Tub, hopefully will try those during EJS too. Thanks for the comments thus far it makes me feel better about the thing when it is breaking down every time that I turn around. It seems like you can poor money into something that old and there is always something to fix when you use it as much as I do.

Dave Cowley

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif