Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new rear suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] ORD 4" Shackle Flip, Tuff Country 3" lift springs, and the Spring plates n U-bolts. (7" of lift for the rear of my K5 !!) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Now these parts can gather dust till I get my rims and tires. It'll be so nice to get rid of the blocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And a Harriet Carter box in the same shot. Do ya have feminine issues or something?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No, my mother moved in acouple of months ago.

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    but does that explain the harriet carter box?

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

you can see the excitement in his face......

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    but does that explain the harriet carter box?

[/ QUOTE ] Yes. , it explains it perfectly.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Strange how this thread is about suspension parts, and you focas on a Harriet Carter box. Hell, I didn't even notice it there till you mentioned it.

8. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Strange how this thread is about suspension parts, and you focas on a Harriet Carter box. Hell, I didn't even notice it there till you mentioned it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ive never even heard of Harriet Carter before.Id say the one who indentified it so quik may have the issues.
    Oh yeah cool stuff.Did you get them all from ORD?

9. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I think im going to go with the 2.5" shackle flip and 2" Tuff Country springs with 33" tires for now.
    Did you get all your stuff from ORD ?? Do they charge shipping?

Know all you have to worry about is driving over ricers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you get them all from ORD?

[/ QUOTE ] Sure did, Kinda made it easy just calling up ORD. I'm very impressed with how quickly I got everything. Can't complain one bit about getting my order in 3 days. !!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I bought the Shackle Flip last month, but ordered the Springs and U-bolts, and springs plates just a few days ago. Had to pay shipping on the leaf Springs becouse they came strait from Tuff Country.

11. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Curious what you paid? PM me with the info if you could, my hubby would appreciate it. His new 1 ton has 4" lift blocks in the rear /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif What do you have for the front? I think I'm going to pick up his 38's next week!

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] I've probley got almost $600.00 in parts in this pic.

13. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm very impressed with how quickly I got everything. Can't complain one bit about getting my order in 3 days. !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree on this. I was suprised that after ordering zero rates on Tuesday they were at my door on Friday. And then brought them into work to show off and got a co-worker to order them to level out his K20. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Just curious, why 3" in the rear? I have the ORD shackle flip installed and was getting read to get some Tough Country springs. I had planned on 6" fronts and 2" backs. Wouldn't this sit level? What springs do you have on the front? I notice your profile says 6" of lift. Did you have to go with the 3" springs in order to level it even though you have 6" front springs and the shackle flip is supposed to be 4"?

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Just curious, why 3" in the rear? I have the ORD shackle flip installed and was getting read to get some Tough Country springs. I had planned on 6" fronts and 2" backs. Wouldn't this sit level? What springs do you have on the front? I notice your profile says 6" of lift. Did you have to go with the 3" springs in order to level it even though you have 6" front springs and the shackle flip is supposed to be 4"?

[/ QUOTE ] I've got 6" Superlift softrides up front (I may change them out for 6" Tuff Country EZ rides sometime in the future). I do plan on the ORD heavy duty shackles for up front. That should add about 1/2 of a inch lift. I've always like the rear just slightly higher then the front, plus I do carry alot of wieght in the back of the K5.

16. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

sweet, cant wait to see the pics with that on...
    good idea to raise the back a little, when i trash my blocks i'm gonna do the same thing, it kind of sags right now...
    have fun putting it all together!

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm on hold till I get the tires and rims. Sucks too have to pay bills. I'm not the best at saving money, so I bought the parts as I could afford them. I just need to get the rims, and the conversion U-joint, then I'll take out a lone from the first national bank of mom for the 38" Ground Hawg radials. Get this new rear suspension in with the 3/4 Ton axles. Be around another 60 days or so.

18. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I plan on going with the Tough Country HD springs front and back. I don't do a lot of rock crawling, mostly hunting and exploring. I also carry a lot of crap in the back so I don't want major sag. I've got the HD ORD front shackles as well. I didn't think they would add a half inch though. I guess I can always compensate in the rear if it sags with some thin blocks if need be.

19. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

looks good man wish i had rear springs

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    looks good man wish i had rear springs

[/ QUOTE ] You can always buy your components as you can afford them. That's how I aquired mine.