Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new ride..UPDATED with Poser Shot

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]
    does it look too low? i lifted it 3" yesterday... its got civic springs now.. yuck.. but its a commuter!! where's my spare ck5 sticker? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]
    poser flex pic as requested! LOL /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: My new ride..

commuting back & forth to work sucks. why do i have to work?

oh yes i forgot i have 1 of the most expensive habbits known to man. second only to crack rocks.

i sometimes wish i had a little car or truck to drive to work. i commute 1 hour ea. way. how about u?

3. Confedneck

ehh its only 15 minutes to work for me..but thats because of how i drive.. the whole 6 and 8 mpg thing was killing me at 60 bucks a week for gas and on my 8.50/hr job that didnt cut it anymore.. so i traded my 86 k10 for this honda, and 200 bucks..

im going to replace all 4 struts, get 4 new coil springs and a right side axle shaft, tint the windows, buy 2 speakers for the front doors and a bass tube for the trunk and it will be done.. then ill port the head, and do full exhaust, and MAYBE buy hubcaps for it lol

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

tintage on the "vindows"=(viking term)would sweeten the deal!!like the black rims!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    I'm sure everyone's seen this before... but this is my daily driver. Let's see some pics when you test the articulation /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

those are good cars to be in wrecks

i have a place on my right shin that is numb and i also put my head into the top of the windshield on one of those cars

seat belts dont help when your head is scraping the roof anyways

7. TruckNutzDude

Are you referring to my celebrity? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

yeah,we have a 86 buick 4 cyl.....ive been waiting for it to die...IT dosent die!!!!ive ran it into the ground for 4 yrs now,and still runs great!!!20 bucks in the tank will drive us all week!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. TruckNutzDude

I've got the 4 banger in my car too... this thing is unstoppable! I've been beating on it for over a year and it just won't quit, if the body holds out I'll beat on it for a few more years.

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

yep /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

That's one maaad phat ride, yo... I'm looking at getting a DD car myself, I just need a few hundred bucks and a place to park it... But no Hondas, oh no, I'm looking at Subarus again... A nice Brat or something would be beautiful... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

that thing got the 2.5? i got one in the s-10..and that thing knocks like a bitch but im still drivin it! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. Confedneck

articulation pics to come after i get it back to stock ride height.. which intales new struts, springs and an axle shaft.. and i will flex the beast out.. it would seriously drag the whole underneath of the car over those 3" tall plastic speed bump things.. when i got it.. now it rides 10x's better and is a little taller, but i still fall down getting into it..

14. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Why take it back to stock?? My wife's lowered down Civic EX is a blast to drive. My motto is 2 wheel drive gets lowered, 4 wheel drive gets raised. Nuthin stays stock in this house. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Good luck to y'all.

Allan

15. Confedneck

well it rides like crap.. chances are ill even run a small spacer to get it up a half inch over stock.. i need to find larger swaybars for it and strut tower braces.. this thing is (hopefully) getting autocrossed..

16. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah an hour to work every day in the burb sucks!!! but i met a guy whos gunna help me throw it back to a carb and he tunes them to get wicked mileage in his trucks so....

i had a shot lived honda /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif i killed it good,2 ball joints caliper, control arms, shaft, rad, fan, head gaskit, and thats just driven not even tryin

17. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

'Tis most logical to have a car like that for commuting. I should... but I always come up with this reasoning:

Need to get small car for mileage... might as well get small truck with 4 cyl. so I can still haul stuff. If I'm going to get a truck, I might as well just get another good deal on a fullsize. Then I'm back to square one.

18. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

That's my desires for this here Honda. I grew up around road racing and I've missed racin cars. Course y'all will prolly be all up in arms about my original and true love of Corvairs but that's a whole nuther story. Good luck to ya.

Allan

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I hope you're kidding, that you were so desperate that you traded your truck for that piece of [darn]. I would have been glad to come and give you good cash for your truck if you were seriously did that.

This is a joke, right?

20. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    'Tis most logical to have a car like that for commuting. I should... but I always come up with this reasoning:

Need to get small car for mileage... might as well get small truck with 4 cyl. so I can still haul stuff. If I'm going to get a truck, I might as well just get another good deal on a fullsize. Then I'm back to square one.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a 1990 Mazda pickup that would be a perfect beater at a local crap lot... I'm not sure what engine it has, but if it has a 4 cyl I might seriously consider it... It's $950 obo, pretty nice inside with a 5speed and a cool lever for the 4wd... outside is a bit rough, but I didn't see any major rust, just a small bit of surface rust... the paint is fading on the top and the hood and the front bumper could be replaced... Otherwise, it'd be a pretty good commuter/parts pickup depending on what kind of mpg's it gets... I like the idea of a lever for the 4x4, I hate the stupid button on my Explorer.. Maybe I should just buy that truck and steal the tranny and transfer case for my X /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif that'd be all kinds of pimp... maybe it would even fit...