Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My New Ride

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by BurbLover, Apr 15, 2004.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Finally able to post aphoto's on my Gallery. Here's my new family wagon: Linkie

It's an 89 GMC Suburban 1/2 one with the Smitty conversion setup and the Flexsteel seats. This thing is in great shape. I'm the third owner. Very well taken care of. Can't wait to lift it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Gonna go 4" with 33's since it's my wifes daily driver.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Man, that is one sweet ass ride /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

That is a really nice Suburban /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif, your wife is going to let ya lift her ride /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

looking good /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Nice lookin' /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That is a really nice Suburban /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif, your wife is going to let ya lift her ride /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wed evening I was sitting in the back captains chairs with my son while my wife and her mom were up front. While we were driving, she asked if there was anything else I needed to buy a lift. I said I was working on a deal for some tires/wheels. She said well as soon as you get the parts, I'm ready to have it lifted. She didn't have to tell me twice.

She is also the reason I have an 84 K5 in the driveway. She wanted a "tough chick truck". She also wants the axles upgraded, but that will be awhile. That way people who know about that sort of thing would look at her Burb and say nice looking and capable.

TO ALL: Thanks for the kind words. I just couldn't refuse $2500!!

There will be absolutely NO /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif, /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif, or /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif on this beauty......for now /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Very nice!

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

SAWEEEET!

I am so jealous, that is one clean mean looking Burb!

9. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I just couldn't refuse $2500!!

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif sounded like a sweet deal! nice truck!

10. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    SAWEEEET!

I am so jealous, that is one clean mean looking Burb!

[/ QUOTE ]

Made a deal today at the Denver Meet n Great with Fireman184 for some rims/tire. Now I've got everything to lift it 4" and go 33's, to include my wifes approval /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Actually, it's her idea /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif After all, it's her DD that happens to double as the family wagon.

I'll post some photo's when it's lifted!!

11. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

12. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Rear Captains chairs, /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

How about a pic of them? Gotta love having the wifes approval for projects. Amazing how much faster things get done that way /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif